Senior Equipment Engineer - RTP #2554
Durham, NC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2022
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
As the Senior Equipment Engineer, you will provide site-wide support for clinical operations activities! Responsibilities will include the installation, maintenance, and performance of cutting-edge laboratory equipment along with documenting activities in accordance with regulatory compliance guidelines. Supporting laboratory equipment will range widely, but will include next-generation sequencing platforms and automated liquid handling robots. This position will be working in close collaboration with the clinical lab staff and multi-functional teams. Strong interpersonal and troubleshooting skills are essential for success in this position.
- Execute Equipment Lifecycle Management processes and procedures by supporting and maintaining equipment records for traceability purposes
- Maintain Asset Management System to support internal Equipment Program processes and procedures
- Respond and solve equipment related issues in a timely manner
- Coordinate schedules between clinical laboratory and equipment vendors/suppliers on planned and unplanned maintenance activities to minimize downtime
- Serve as a primary point of contact for hosting vendor IQ, OQ, calibration, PM, and/or repairs with minimal supervision
- Ensure that all work performed by external contractors is completed and documented in accordance with the site Quality Management System (QMS)
- Maintain lab equipment in good working order following cGMP/GLP and Quality Management System (QMS) guidelines
- Document all equipment related activities to assure compliance with CLIA/CAP and ISO 13485 requirements
Your background and qualifications will include:
- BS/BA or equivalent in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Life Sciences
- 5 - 8 years of experience working on laboratory equipment
- Excellent time management skills to support fast pace working environment
- Good communication skills to work independently and provide internal customer support
- Hands-on experience supporting in high throughput, sample processing laboratories supporting operations and scale activities
- Experience working in a clinically regulated environment is highly desirable
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills and mechanical proficiency
- Basic knowledge of molecular biology to best support equipment activities
- Basic knowledge of IT networking and systems infrastructure
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.
See more open positions at Grail
Something looks off?