Senior Staff Assay Biostatistician # 2505
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 21, 2022
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Senior Staff Assay Biostatistician provides statistical expertise and leadership to pre-analytical and analytical assay studies. The Biostatistician partners with key internal stakeholders to design, analyze, and interpret to pre-analytical and analytical studies in support of GRAIL’s product development.
- Provides strategic input for and is a key contributor to GRAIL product development.
- Provides statistical leadership in support of clinical studies and/or analytical studies specifically around study design, statistical analysis plans, study reports, presentations, publications and regulatory filings
- Represents Biostatistics function and collaborates with internal and external thought leaders in the design, analysis, interpretation, and publication of clinical and/or analytical studies.
- Works on extremely complex issues that require exercising independent judgment and developing/adapting methodology.
- Stays abreast of industry and academic developments in the Statistical Genomics and Immuo Oncology field and applies to clinical and/or analytical study design and analysis.
Your background and qualifications will include
- PhD with 7+ years or MS in Statistics/Biostatistics with 9+ years of experience
- Strong knowledge of both theoretical and applied statistics
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and presentation skills with a strong ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Experience programming with R, Python, or SASAbility to succeed and thrive in a rapid paced and cross-functional team environment
- Experience applying statistical methods to develop NGS assays and algorithms in an industry setting
- Familiarity with regulatory standards, quality management systems, and medical device product development design control
- Strong team player with demonstrated track record of success in a cross functional team environment
The estimated, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $193,000 - $255,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.
See more open positions at Grail
Something looks off?