Interim People Advisor - 9 month Fixed Term Contract
People & HR
London, UK · Cambridge, UK · Oxford, UK
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Location: Oxford or Cambridge ~ with a blend of 20-40% in office, with the rest flexible to remote working within the UK.
We're a pioneering health tech company that aims to revolutionise the future of healthcare.. We're all about enhancing the patient
journey, particularly for those common diseases that affect most people and take up most of our precious healthcare resources.
Our secret weapon? Genomics! We use it to power our tools and systems, improving every step of the patient pathway. From preventing diseases to screening, diagnosing, treating, and even developing new medicines - we've got it covered.
But we're not stopping there. Our vision is a world where everyone benefits from our genomic technology, helping folks and entire populations to live longer, healthier lives. So, if that all sounds exciting, come join us!
A Day in the Life
People are at the forefront of Genomics. The People Advisor brings a passion for building a great employee experience through everything we do as a People team.
This role is responsible for overseeing the entire employee life cycle, which includes efficiently onboarding new team members onto our systems, managing payroll and benefits, addressing daily queries received by the People Team to ensure a smooth experience, support employee relations cases, developing and advancing our equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) agenda, and conducting insightful data analytics on key people metrics within the organisation.
This role brings together a combination of passion for generalist employee activities, along with a real attention to detail to enable the delivery of People administration, payroll, and data analysis.
What you will need
- An approach that puts Employee Experience at the heart of your approach.
- Experience in supporting People Processes to handle a range of employee lifecycle and relations tasks and then use these queries to ensure the continual improvement of our systems and processes.
- Experience in working with People data systems, accurately inputting data and maintaining systems.
- An ability to analyse and visualise data to ensure that we make evidence-driven decisions.
- A key understanding of policies, procedures and UK employment law (a bonus if you are familiar with the US), to be able to provide advice and guidance to employees and managers across the business.
- A background in working within a fast paced business. Not all of our processes are fully established, so the ability to be proactive and be creative when needed.
So what's in it for you?
- Competitive compensation: Our salaries are externally benchmarked annually to ensure you receive compensation that aligns with the market.
- Generous Holiday Allowance: 25 days of annual leave, an additional 3-day company shutdown at the end of the year, plus bank holidays. More time for you to unwind and enjoy.
- Invest in Your Future: Take advantage of our training and development opportunities, from regular training courses to access to a wide range of L&D materials. We're committed to helping you grow and succeed!
- Wellbeing: Join a company that values you at work and outside work. We offer a range of benefits, including a pension that increases every year that you work here, comprehensive health insurance for you and your family, critical illness coverage, and life insurance. We also offer enhanced paid family leave.
- An inclusive workplace: Genomics wholeheartedly embraces and champions Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) initiatives. We foster an inclusive environment through various means, such as our 'All in Club,' a platform where we come together to celebrate, engage in meaningful discussions, and create awareness. Additionally, we offer our 'Bank Your Bank Holiday' program, allowing you to exchange public holidays for dates that hold personal or cultural significance to you. It's our way of ensuring that every member of our community feels valued and included.
- Charity giving: Make a difference with our payroll giving scheme. Donate to your favourite charities tax-free and help make the world a better place!
- Green Commute: Join our cycle-to-work scheme and enjoy a healthier, eco-friendly commute. We are also conveniently located by major transport hubs so public transport is a snip. It's good for you and the planet!
Would you like to learn more? Great, we’d love to chat. Please reach out for more information and to see if this opportunity is right for you!
Genomics plc is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Genomics plc politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.