Primary Care Physician - Greenville, SC
Galileo is a team-based medical practice working to improve the quality and affordability of health care for all. Operating across 50 states, Galileo offers high-touch, data-driven, multi-specialty, longitudinal care to diverse and complex patients—on the phone, in the home, and everywhere in between. Regional and national health plans, employers, and Fortune 500 organizations trust Galileo as the leading solution to improve population health. Founded by Dr. Tom X. Lee, the healthcare pioneer behind One Medical and Epocrates, Galileo is a team of leading innovators from healthcare, technology, and human-centered design. Our mission is to apply that talent and scientific thinking to transform society by solving our largest, toughest healthcare problems, while at the same time bringing patient and provider closer.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced, team-oriented primary care physician and leader. This role will work collaboratively with other care team members to deliver exceptional, thoughtful care to a population with complex clinical and social needs.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Manage a panel of Medicaid/Medicare patients, delivering high-quality and personalized care in a variety of settings, including in patient homes, in clinic, and mobile clinic.
- Lead a collaborative care team, partnering with advanced practitioners, nurses, social workers, and clinical Health Advocates. Health Advocates provide a significant amount of care coordination and panel management support for our providers, allowing you to focus on the needs of complex care.
- Partner with the Local Operations Leader to oversee our practice in South Carolina - designing and implementing programs that promote exceptional, personalized care, and achieving great patient experiences while driving down cost and improving quality
You are a Primary Care Provider with training as an internist or family practice physician with deep clinical experience. You are comfortable with complex clinical and social needs and eager to care for patients both in a community environment as well as within the home. You are driven to create systems that enable personalized, empathetic care for individuals and families in the community. You are eager to find a modern practice that supports approaching patient care in ways that make a meaningful and real impact on their lives.
The Lead Provider will have remote opportunities but will see patients in Greenville, SC, and surrounding counties.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following or equivalent experience:
- ≥ 5 years of experience practicing primary care
- Passionate about managing and developing clinical teammates
- Love of solving problems through systems design
- Ability to travel across assigned territory with reliable access to personal transportation
- For the safety of our patients and staff, employees in this role must be fully vaccinated with all necessary vaccinations. This includes a booster for a completed COVID-19 vaccination.
COMPENSATION RANGE: $275,000
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account + match
- Company paid STD/LTD, AD&D, and Life insurance
- Paid Family Leave
- 401K + match
- Paid Time Off
HOW WE HIRE
Galileo is committed to hiring the best team possible to build health care that works for everyone. We value a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds—including, but not limited to—race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status. Galileo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with a qualifying disability or conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, unless doing so would cause an undue hardship or fail to eliminate a direct threat.
We have recently become aware of the fraudulent use of our name on job postings and via recruiting emails that are illegitimate and not in any way associated with us. We will never ask you to provide sensitive personal information as part of the recruiting process, such as your social security number; send you any unsolicited job offers or employment contracts; require any fees, payments or access to any financial accounts; and/or conduct text-only interviews. If you suspect you are being scammed or have been scammed online, you may report the crime to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and obtain more information regarding online scams at the Federal Trade Commission.