Clinical Psychologist Per Diem
Galileo is a team-based medical practice working to improve the quality and affordability of health care for all. Operating across 50 states, Galileo offers high-touch, data-driven, multi-specialty, longitudinal care to diverse and complex patients—on the phone, in the home, and everywhere in between. Regional and national health plans, employers, and Fortune 500 organizations trust Galileo as the leading solution to improve population health. Founded by Dr. Tom X. Lee, the healthcare pioneer behind One Medical and Epocrates, Galileo is a team of leading innovators from healthcare, technology, and human-centered design. Our mission is to apply that talent and scientific thinking to transform society by solving our largest, toughest healthcare problems, while at the same time bringing patient and provider closer.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Galileo is looking for a Clinical Psychologist. The Clinical Psychologist is an integral part of our digital-first, primary-care medical group. This position needs to utilize a culturally sensitive and thoughtful approach. You will leverage data, technology, and operational rigor in this role to deliver therapy to a diverse patient population. Galileo’s digital practice is a 24/7 primary care practice providing affordable, accessible healthcare to patients.
This is a Per Diem opportunity with a commitment of up to 10 hrs a week to start with an opportunity to increase hours.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Work with a diverse patient population. We pride ourselves on fostering a culture that is inclusive of all backgrounds.
- Solve patient problems in an efficient, nimble manner by drawing on resourcefulness, collaborating with team members to leverage their expertise, and a “can-do” approach.
- Provide integrated behavioral health care among a team of primary and specialty care providers with attention to clinical quality and patient-centricity.
Why You’ll Like Working With Galileo:
- You’ll get complete Galileo onboarding into the Galileo ecosystem in your first two weeks.
- You’ll be providing 30-min therapy to Galileo patients residing in a state of licensure with set blocks of time to support Galileo patients each week.
- You’ll work with a collaborative care team including primary care providers, patient support advocates, health coaches, other therapists, and psychiatrists.
- Per Diem with the potential of full-time as we continue to grow our therapist team.
Galileo seeks passionate therapists eager to join a high performing, high-quality clinical team that is professional growth-oriented, outcomes-driven, and innovation-oriented. We are looking for compassionate therapists who are motivated and excited to fix the broken landscape of mental health by improving accessibility and health outcomes for everyone.
We believe in a culture that fosters teamwork, excellence, and sound decision-making—one that is based on mutual respect and trust.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following or equivalent experience:
- PhD/PsyD in clinical or counseling psychology from an accredited graduate program.
- Must be approved to practice under PSYPACT (Please reference the PSYPACT map for the current list of participating states and residency requirements).
- Experience and interest in supporting both children and adult patients (ages 8+) with short term evidence-based intervention models.
- Bilingual (English + Spanish) therapist.
- Trained with evidence-based approaches such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT).
- 2+ years experience with providing teletherapy (text-based, video, phone) and integrating technology and data into practice/care provision.
- Comfortable with providing safety planning and intervention during situations where a client might present with higher risks.
COMPENSATION RANGE: $75- $100 per hour based on licensure, experience, location, and internal pay equity
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account + match
- Company paid STD/LTD, AD&D, and Life insurance
- Paid Family Leave
- 401K + match
- Paid Time Off
HOW WE HIRE
Galileo is committed to hiring the best team possible to build health care that works for everyone. We value a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds—including, but not limited to—race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status. Galileo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with a qualifying disability or conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, unless doing so would cause an undue hardship or fail to eliminate a direct threat.