Front-End Developer (SF Bay Area)
Fabric Genomics (formerly Omicia)
Oakland, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 4, 2023
We are seeking an experienced Front-End developer to play an integral role developing our next generation revolutionary software platform to meet business needs and bring groundbreaking solutions to life. This candidate will report to the VP, Software Engineering.
The candidate will play a key role in developing our next generation Fabric Enterprise platform. This is a revolutionary platform to rapidly process, analyze and interpret large genomic datasets, and compile the results in a report for clinicians, doctors and patients. The candidate will have an instrumental role in designing our user interface functions and translate UI/UX requirements into code. He will be developing and improving our user interface to manage large genomic data and convey diagnostic information to patients. He will work closely with our bioinformatics, engineering, DevOps and product teams to spec, build, test and deploy new features and enhancements in an agile development process.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, accomplished frontend developer that loves innovating and creating quality systems.
· Play an important part in front end technology development. Design and implement new features in collaboration with the product team.
· Ability to define, design and build scientific / data driven user interfaces that are used by a non-technical audience (clinicians, patients)
· Validating user input
· Develop API to enable automation with our customers and business partners.
· Maintain high code quality and test coverage.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· 5+ years in front-end development with strong knowledge in front-end design and understanding UI/UX concepts.
· Experience with API tools such as Swagger
· Experience with Python and the web framework Pyramid
· Experience with modern front-end dependency management and build systems
· Experience with software architecture and design
· SQL and NoSQL knowledge with databases such as MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL
· Proficient with agile development process and GIT source control
· Strong analysis, debugging and critical thinking skills to build scientific, data driven software.
· Ability to work independently in a fast pace environment.
· Strong communication skills.
Nice to Have
· Experience with AWS and cloud-based applications, containerization and deployment. Familiar with data lakes and cloud storage.
· Knowledge of multiple cloud platforms (AWS, Google, Azure)
· Understanding in genomics, bioinformatics
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Fabric Genomics is building a team of the best and brightest to help shape the future of personalized medicine. Our mission is to help clinicians apply the most relevant information from genome data using our software platform to improve medical outcomes. We are on a relentless quest to diagnose patients faster utilizing artificial intelligence, and thus help them access personalized treatments for hereditary diseases and cancer.
We have developed the strongest software platform in the genomics industry with leading customers world-wide. We are a thriving post-venture funded company, supported by world-class investors and our technology is licensed by leading academic and clinical laboratories around the world. We are looking for individuals who want to join our mission to better understand genetics and save lives with our genomic analysis software and services.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
Making a Difference - We are trailblazers, tenaciously deciphering human biology. Come join us to change patient care and to ensure precision medicine is the standard of care for all.
Location - Centered in Oakland’s City Hall, Bart is conveniently located a few steps from our new office headquarters. Next to great restaurants, art galleries and a business community. Just a few blocks from Oakland’s Fox Theater.
Benefits - Regular Town Hall meetings, company outings and weekly socials. Competitive compensation, rich health benefit packages and premium coverage, time off and parental leave.
Fabric Genomics is an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Fabric Genomics (formerly Omicia)
Something looks off?