Full-Stack Developer (SF Bay Area)
Fabric Genomics (formerly Omicia)
Oakland, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2023
We are seeking an experienced Full-Stack Developer to play an integral role developing our next generation revolutionary software platform to meet business needs and bring groundbreaking solutions to life. This candidate will report to the VP, Software Engineering.
This candidate will play a key role in developing next generation Fabric Enterprise platform. This is a revolutionary platform to rapidly process, analyze and interpret large genomic datasets, and produce a report for clinicians, doctors and patients. You will be developing and enhancing workflows to process and analyze genomic data and optimize pipelines for throughput using distributed computing. The majority of your work will take advantage of AWS cloud. You will work closely with our bioinformatics, engineering, DevOps and product teams to spec, build, test and deploy new features and enhancements in an agile development process.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, accomplished backend developer that loves innovating and creating quality systems.
· Develop workflows to process and analyze genomic data. Solutions will be scalable with the ability to handle big data with fast turnaround time. Emphasize scalability and distributed computing.
· Work on Enterprise features: Implement workflow, pipeline and machine learning applications, data encryption, sharding, authentication, APIs to front-end.
· Design, build and maintain our next generation cloud based (AWS) data storage for our genomic data to efficiently store large amount of data and optimize for cost and turnaround time.
· Develop new API capabilities to enable automation with our customers and business partners.
· Maintain high code quality and test coverage.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· 5+ years in back-end development with strong knowledge in object-oriented design and programming in languages such as Python, Java, Perl and C++.
· Experience with software architecture and design
· Experience with AWS and cloud-based applications, containerization and deployment. Familiar with data lakes and cloud storage.
· SQL and NoSQL knowledge with databases such as MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL
· Proficient with agile development process and GIT source control
· Strong analysis, debugging and critical thinking skills to build scientific, data driven software.
· Ability to work independently in a fast pace environment.
· Strong communication skills.
Nice to Have
· Knowledge in Apache Spark
· Knowledge of workflow frameworks such as Airflow, NextFlow or CWL.
· Knowledge of multiple cloud platforms (AWS, Google, Azure)
· Understanding in genomics, bioinformatics
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Fabric Genomics is building a team of the best and brightest to help shape the future of personalized medicine. Our mission is to help clinicians apply the most relevant information from genome data using our software platform to improve medical outcomes. We are on a relentless quest to diagnose patients faster utilizing artificial intelligence, and thus help them access personalized treatments for hereditary diseases and cancer.
We have developed the strongest software platform in the genomics industry with leading customers world-wide. We are a thriving post-venture funded company, supported by world-class investors and our technology is licensed by leading academic and clinical laboratories around the world. We are looking for individuals who want to join our mission to better understand genetics and save lives with our genomic analysis software and services.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
Making a Difference - We are trailblazers, tenaciously deciphering human biology. Come join us to change patient care and to ensure precision medicine is the standard of care for all.
Location - Centered in Oakland’s City Hall, Bart is conveniently located a few steps from our new office headquarters. Next to great restaurants, art galleries and a business community. Just a few blocks from Oakland’s Fox Theater.
Benefits - Regular Town Hall meetings, company outings and weekly socials. Competitive compensation, rich health benefit packages and premium coverage, time off and parental leave.
Fabric Genomics is an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Fabric Genomics (formerly Omicia)
Something looks off?