Lead Product Designer
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
Everly Health's mission is to transform lives with modern, diagnostics-driven care, and we believe that the future of healthcare is meeting people where they are. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Everly Health is the parent company to Everlywell, Everly Health Solutions, Natalist, and Everly Diagnostics. We've set a new standard of people-focused, diagnostic-driven care that puts patients at the center of their own health journey.
Our infrastructure guides the full testing experience with the support of a national clinician network that's composed of hundreds of physicians, nurses, genetic counselors, PharmDs, and member care specialists. Our solutions make world-class virtual care more attainable with rigorous clinical protocols and best-in-class science to tackle some of the healthcare industry's biggest problems.
We’re hiring a talented Lead Product Designer to lead the design of innovative digital health solutions, concentrating on innovative products that will build the company’s future vision. Day to day, you will help lead agile teams in UX and design best practices, demonstrating rigorous and best-in-class-design. You will lead product ideation and vision development using an iterative, user-centered design process, and then own the creation process in order to produce high fidelity visual designs and prototypes. Your designs will help the entire team - from engineers, to company executives - believe in the vision of our product. Given our unique service model, your work will inspire a broad range of digital health touchpoints and interactions, leading to health improvements for millions of consumers. You will bring passion, compassion, and a collaborative spirit to everything you do.
In your role at Everly Health you will lead in the following areas:
Product Vision & Communication
- Tell stories that inspire and compel audiences to align on direction
- Articulate the vision for our user experience, and messages that vision effectively across the organization
- Good facilitation, collaboration and consensus-building skills, especially among executive-level stakeholders
- Demonstrate strong strategic agility, driving teams to MVPs while keeping focused on the vision
- Lead planning with engineers and product managers to identify expansion opportunities for the UX
- Articulate how a design solution fits into an overall narrative and addresses an unmet user or business need.
- Produce designs for new and existing features and products through wireframes, visual comps, prototypes and design specifications.
- Define holistic solutions and understand system-level implications of design decisions.
- Develop frameworks for collection and management of user feedback
- Mentor members of the design team, helping them develop their craft
- Be open to managing junior designers and contractors while also staying connected to designing
- Manage relationships with external vendors / agencies when necessary
- Plan and facilitate brainstorming sessions and creative workshops.
- Develop high-level concepts that consider the user, business, technology constraints, and insights gathered through research and testing.
- Validate and improve designs using both qualitative and quantitative methods, through close collaboration with development and product managers.
- Uphold product quality by ensuring that design solutions are implemented as intended, through close collaboration with product and development teams.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 8 years experience designing responsive web-based and native software applications, preferably with live consumer-facing products
- Portfolio demonstrating expertise in high fidelity product design and user experience methodologies
- Strong visual design background - pixel perfect comps are right in your wheelhouse
- Expertise in Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools like Figma, Framer, Origami
- Understanding of Agile methodology
- Knowledge of CSS and HTML and mobile design standards and patterns
Nice to haves:
- Degree in visual design, graphic design, or a related field
- Experience in the healthcare industry