Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2023
Everly Health's mission is to transform lives with modern, diagnostics-driven care, and we believe that the future of healthcare is meeting people where they are. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Everly Health is the parent company to Everlywell, Everly Health Solutions, Natalist, and Everly Diagnostics. We've set a new standard of people-focused, diagnostic-driven care that puts patients at the center of their own health journey.
Our infrastructure guides the full testing experience with the support of a national clinician network that's composed of hundreds of physicians, nurses, genetic counselors, PharmDs, and member care specialists. Our solutions make world-class virtual care more attainable with rigorous clinical protocols and best-in-class science to tackle some of the healthcare industry's biggest problems.
The R&D Scientist will serve as an active member of the clinical lab and provide scientific support to ongoing method/assay development and validation. This includes generation of pre-protocol documentation (development/validation plans), conduct experiments, review results and provide a report on results and conclusions.
- Apply the principles, theory and techniques of Good Laboratory Practices to produce and report appropriate clinical lab results
- Monitor test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
- Development of new tests/assays and/or improvement of existing tests
- Implementation of new/improved tests in the clinical laboratory providing training to clinical lab personnel
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on instrumentation as prescribed in procedures and/or as described by manufacturer specifications.
- Review and analyze statistical analysis plans and data sets
- Able to review literature and competitive information for clinical trial design planning and analysis of results
- Collaborate with various groups for study level publication planning including manuscript writing and submissions
- Collaborate to achieve publications for clinical study data through coordination with investigator authors and project management of reviews and revisions for abstracts and manuscripts
- Generate documents to support regulatory submissions
- Record corrective action when necessary
- PhD with a minimum of 1 year of experience in a Clinical Laboratory
- Or Masters Degree with 2 years of experience in a Clinical Laboratory
- Or Bachelors Degree and/or MLT or MLS with 4 years of experience in Clinical Laboratory
- Experience conducting research or testing on human specimens in a Clinical Laboratory across multiple areas (Chemistry, Special Chemistry, Molecular, Microbiology)
- Experience and strong knowledge of data analysis and interpretation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership skills as it will require significant interaction with executive leadership, physicians, and regulatory authorities.
- Experience with LC-MS
You'll Love Working Here:
· Venture backed by top-tier firms
· The opportunity ahead knows no bounds
· Open vacation policy for salaried team members
· Front Loaded PTO for hourly team members
· Employee discounts
· Paid parental leave
· Health benefits
NO EXTERNAL RECRUITERS - INDIVIDUAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Everly Health is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
HIPAA Disclaimer: This role will be in an environment that has access to protected health information (PHI) and all security standards to protect PHI must be followed.