Senior Devops Engineer
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
Everly Health's mission is to transform lives with modern, diagnostics-driven care, and we believe that the future of healthcare is meeting people where they are. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Everly Health is the parent company to Everlywell, Everly Health Solutions, Natalist, and Everly Diagnostics. We've set a new standard of people-focused, diagnostic-driven care that puts patients at the center of their own health journey.
Our infrastructure guides the full testing experience with the support of a national clinician network that's composed of hundreds of physicians, nurses, genetic counselors, PharmDs, and member care specialists. Our solutions make world-class virtual care more attainable with rigorous clinical protocols and best-in-class science to tackle some of the healthcare industry's biggest problems.
As a member of our Production Engineering team, you will maintain our cloud infrastructure and develop services and tooling that act as a catalyst for our engineering teams while improving the engineering experience. We are looking for a collaborative engineer with extensive experience in AWS architecture, Kubernetes, deployment automation, CI/CD and DBA (MySQL) experience. Our stack is mostly in Ruby on Rails, although we have a growing number of lambda functions that play a critical role.This position is also a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build, and rollout outstanding products.
Our portfolio of products:
- Have a leading role in shaping the market of consumer-friendly testing, affecting millions of people every year.
- Improve consumer access to safe and appropriate lab testing to help empower individuals to proactively manage their health.
- Create opportunities for our partners to develop new types of engagement with their customers.
What You'll Do (Duties and Responsibilities)
- The Senior DevOps Engineer should be able to successfully manage multiple responsibilities and act as a leader, both internally and externally. It is paramount that this person possess excellent communication skills. She/he will be responsible for these main areas:
- Design resilient, secure, high availability cloud infrastructure in support of long term engineering goals
- Plan and execute complex collaborative projects and see them through to completion
- Play an instrumental role in migrating applications to EKS
- Improve software delivery and operational performance measurement capabilities
- Manage and improve CI/CD pipelines
- Develop and maintain aspects of deployment, configuration and automation using tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- Mentor software engineers on DevOps principles
- Make service your mission as you optimize our infrastructure to enable deployment with a reduction in change failure rates
- Be committed to improving the engineering experience
- Work on autoscaling AWS architecture
- Effectively communicate both internally and externally to a variety of stakeholders
- Be an owner of DevOps and Infrastructure
Required Skills / Experience
- 5+ years of professional hands-on experience building and scaling AWS architecture
- Experience with a wide array of AWS services (EC2, RDS, EKS, ECS, Route53, and more…)
- Ability to design and scale AWS services with interoperability and resilience in mind
- Experience supporting PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Scripting language experience such as Bash, Csh, etc.
- Experience with Infrastructure As Code
- Experience with DevOps automation tools such as Ansible and Terraform is desirable
- Excitement for the prospect of collaborating with a diverse team to tackle meaningful problems each and every day
- Sympathy for the complexity of being a developer and desire to help make deploying code as frictionless and secure as possible
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Programming Experience in Ruby
You'll Love Working Here:
· Venture backed by top-tier firms
· The opportunity ahead knows no bounds
· Open vacation policy for salaried team members
· Front Loaded PTO for hourly team members
· Employee discounts
· Paid parental leave
· Health benefits
NO EXTERNAL RECRUITERS - INDIVIDUAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Everly Health is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
HIPAA Disclaimer: This role will be in an environment that has access to protected health information (PHI) and all security standards to protect PHI must be followed.
See more open positions at Everly Health
Something looks off?