Director, Corporate Communications - 2424
At Editas, our mission is to champion belonging, inclusivity, diversity, and equity, cultivating a culture where every individual feels valued and included. This commitment fuels our drive to excel in scientific innovation, allowing us to harness the power of gene editing to develop groundbreaking and life-changing therapies for people living with serious diseases with the greatest unmet needs.
Together, we are leading the way towards a healthier and more equitable future.
Editas Medicine is seeking a dynamic and persuasive communicator leader for the role of Director, Corporate Communications within our Corporate Communications and Investor Relations team. Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Communications and Investor Relations, this position will play a crucial role in shaping and executing global communications for our transformative gene editing medicines. The successful candidate will drive initiatives across all areas of communications, including external, social, and internal communications, contributing to the advancement of curative medicines for various patient populations.
The Director will be responsible for:
- Assist in developing and implementing Corporate Communications strategies for Editas Medicine aligned with corporate goals to extend company awareness with key stakeholders and support business goals and strategy.
- Drive multiple ongoing projects seamlessly, and work with cross-functional teams and external vendors to create compelling storylines to enhance and reinforce Editas Medicine’s narrative and reputation among internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and implement external communications strategy.
- Build social communications/media strategy and plan and develop creative content/playbook.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with external and internal stakeholders, align and collaborate across the company, partner with Medical Affairs on patient engagement initiatives, and work with HR to enhance the visibility of Editas to current and potential employees.
- Maintain comprehensive, current knowledge of Editas Medicine’s research and development approaches and business strategies to better inform message development.
- Collaborate with agency partners to implement strategies to grow corporate presence via existing and new digital channels.
- Serve as a Company spokesperson to media.
- 10+ years of public relations experience in pharmaceutical or biotech communications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong ability to translate complex science into mainstream language and understanding and evidence of operating independently
- Ability to adapt to dynamic and evolving priorities and respond to variable timelines with accuracy and urgency
- A persuasive and energetic communicator who is engaging and effective in oral and written communications
- An outstanding presence with the ability to gain credibility, rapport, and support with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to quickly learn complex and dynamic issues and apply creative solutions to developing high-impact campaigns
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to work with executives across diverse functional groups and translate complex concepts into clear, concise and compelling messages for the media
- Comfort and familiarity with a rapidly changing, fast-paced industry, news, and office environment
- Flexible and adaptable; comfortable with change and in developing new skills to extend impact
If you are a results-focused and collaborative professional with a passion for advancing transformative therapies, we invite you to apply. Join us at the forefront of genetic innovation and be a key contributor to Editas Medicine's mission of redefining healthcare through cutting-edge genetic technologies.
Fostering Belonging. Fueling Innovation. Transforming Lives.
Editas provides a comprehensive array of benefits to all employees, including a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Medical Plan, a company-funded Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, Dependent Care Account, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Programs, and a flexible Paid Time Off policy.