Laboratory Equipment Manager - 2413
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases. We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before. Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Work directly with equipment requester to ensure equipment quotes and service agreements meet the requirements of the equipment specifications and impact assessment.
- Work cross-functionally with IT, Legal, Procurement, Finance, Quality, and other Departments.
- Maintain and manage comprehensive asset inventory
- Develop and manage a vendor list for both Facilities and Lab Operations.
- Develop and implement equipment maintenance plans
- Obtain and manage all asset field service reports, calibration records, certifications and other relevant documentations.
- Maintain and manage all quotes, service agreements, and other related contracts.
- Manage GMP assets by ensuring vendor qualification, impact assessment, IQOQ Protocols are obtained, reviewed, and approved, and the execution of IQOQ, PM’s, Calibration, and/or Certification..
- Coordinate and schedule vendors for repairs, maintenance, and other services.
- Primary point of contact for vendors
- Maintain and monitor equipment performance standards, including equipment utilization.
- Serve as the main point person to enter assets, events, and other pertinent information including documentation and records into BMRAM.
- Maintain rolling cycle of life cycle expectations and plans for end of service life equipment replacement.
- Provide lab equipment related support for new construction and renovation projects plans and proposals including relocations of equipment and temporary space assignments during renovation projects.
- Provide equipment related support as needed to assist Scientists
- Prepare and update plans for response to and recovery from emergency and disaster conditions for laboratory spaces.
- Keep current on advances in technology, maintain life cycle replacement schedule and propose equipment updates, revisions or replacements to equipment or methods of use.
- Responsible for following through on FreshService ticket requests for both facilities and lab in a timely manner.
- Ensure personnel are following applicable procedure and standards within the laboratory space and when handling equipment.
- Assist teams in training and proper implementation of relevant SOP and WI, including training on laboratory safety and use of equipment.
- Manage storage and sales of used lab equipment.
- Engage and partner with team members and internal/external stakeholders to enable consistent delivery of results.
- Site coverage: Massachusetts sites
Knowledge, Skills & Capabilities:
- Prior equipment management and data entry experience experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of clean-room operations facilities
- Understanding of ISO Clean Room standards, and NFPA and ANSI standards as applied to labs.
- Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to prioritize workload and efficiently maintain documentation and records
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated analytical thinking
- Work requires ability to plan, implement and coordinate activities involved in lab management and related ancillary operations.
- Customer service focused, with an excellent work ethic and an optimistic attitude.
- Highly motivated, fast learner, organized, detail-oriented, and devoted to project goals
- Able to collaborate proficiently and communicate effectively with colleagues and management teams
- Proactive and able to work well independently within a fast-paced environment
Education & Relevant Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s / master’s degree in a science related field with 5+ years of biotech experience
- Experience with laboratory operations
- Experience leading and coordinating
- Experience working with and operating and management of laboratory assets
- Strong background in asset management and information technologies
- Knowledge of lab equipment maintenance (ex: freezer, fridges, centrifuges, liquid handlers, etc.)
Physical & Travel Requirements:
- Ability to lift 55 lbs.
- Has a valid driver’s license and vehicle to travel between sites
Editas provides a comprehensive array of benefits to all employees, including a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Medical Plan, a company-funded Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, Dependent Care Account, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Programs, and a flexible Paid Time Off policy.