Associate Scientist I - 2408
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases. We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before. Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
This role is critical to Editas’ efforts to develop safe and effective medicines using CRISPR- based gene editing technologies. It requires experience with molecular and cell culture techniques. The ability to support and foster learning and development in a high performing team is critical.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Performs assay development, optimization, initial qualification, and technical transfer of analytical methods for engineered cell medicines.
- Documents all experimental work, supporting information, and data in an electronic lab notebook in a timely manner.
- Plan, execute and analyze experiments and present data within the organization.
- Assists in authoring and reviewing test methods, technical reports, and supporting procedures for programs.
- Works collaboratively with other groups to generate data to support formulation studies, stability studies, and characterization of drug substance and/or drug product.
- Supports testing of reference standards, process development samples, stability samples, toxicology lots, and characterization of clinical manufacturing lots, as appropriate.
- Aid in the development and execution of cell-based assays to support program goals.
- hare responsibility in maintaining lab equipment and reagent inventory.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Capabilities:
- Experience in performing molecular biology techniques such as PCR, qPCR, and ddPCR.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture.
- Results-driven with excellent attention to details
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment.
- Knowledge of FDA, EMA and ICH regulations, industry standards and quality control principles for cGMP operations
- Understanding of product development life cycle and stage gates from research to clinical development to commercial operations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments, strong problem-solving skills, self-motivated with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Team focused, demonstrate high level of integrity, and have strong collaboration, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to diversify technical skillsets in a fast-paced organization
Education & Relevant Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in life sciences related discipline with 5+ years or 3+ years of multi-disciplinary experience with multiple years involved in development and technical transfer of biological assays for biologics and/or cell and gene therapies
Physical & Travel Requirements:
- Travel to support technical transfer efforts, as required
Editas provides a comprehensive array of benefits to all employees, including a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Medical Plan, a company-funded Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, Dependent Care Account, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Programs, and a flexible Paid Time Off policy.