Corporate Counsel/Senior Corporate Counsel, Licensing - 2405
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases. We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before. Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
Editas Medicine is seeking a highly motivated Corporate Counsel with licensing experience in the biotechnology industry to join its legal team. The Corporate Counsel will play a key role enabling Editas Medicine’s strategic business and licensing transactions supporting the company’s business goals. This role will be highly visible and will directly contribute to Editas Medicine’s success. The successful candidate is capable of building strong relationships across the company, including with the Executive Leadership Team, business development teams, finance, program and alliance management, and R&D teams as well as serving as a trusted business adviser. The position will report to the Vice President, Associate General Counsel.
- Lead drafting and negotiation for in/out-licensing transactions.
- Partner with the Business Development team, advising on strategic business transactions, including collaboration agreements and strategic alliances to advance the company’s goals.
- Partner with Alliance Management on the integration, terms, and performance of existing partnerships and strategic alliances.
- Collaborate with the Intellectual Property team on IP-related matters.
- Support legal team on other high-visibility, high-impact projects with an opportunity to develop other in-house corporate responsibilities.
- 5-8 years of licensing experience in a public biotech, pharma or law firm. A combination of both law firm and in-house public company experience is a plus.
- JD from an accredited law school and active membership in at least one state bar.
- Strong legal background and licensing experience in the field of biotechnology or biopharma R&D.
- Experience in a gene editing, gene therapy, or cell therapy company a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the company, successfully build relationships, and efficiently manage outside counsel.
- Ability to think creatively, evaluate and manage risk, devise business-focused solutions to challenging problems, and drive issues to closure to meet the company’s goals.
- Demonstrated success managing complex corporate transactions and multiple competing matters.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making and communications skills.
Editas provides a comprehensive array of benefits to all employees, including a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Medical Plan, a company-funded Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, Dependent Care Account, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Programs, and a flexible Paid Time Off policy.