Senior Director, Scientific Communications - 2396
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases.
We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before.
Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
Scientific communications translates insights and scientific & clinical research into high-quality medical communication objectives, key messages and tactics. This person is responsible for leading the successful development and implementation of medical communications strategy including medical information, publications, and congress planning. This person plays a pivotal role in data dissemination and engages with cross-functional partners in support of advancing the awareness and understanding of Editas Medicine’s science and focus on differentiated and transformational genomic medicines.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Lead and facilitate cross-functional publication planning and scientific communications meetings
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal partners/authors and external (key opinion leaders, principal investigators) authors
- Lead and develop Publications, Medical Information, and Communications function to ensure consistent cross-functional partnership to achieve corporate goals.
- Provide ownership of an integrated publication strategy to execute abstract, poster, manuscript, oral presentation development for key congresses.
- Ensure consistent adherence to publications policies in accordance with good publication practices through oversight and leadership of publications activities.
- Develop collaborative medical congress plans to identify and engage with key groups of external stakeholders and oversee development of content for booths, sponsored symposia, and resources for KOL interactions.
- Manage the budget for outsourced services (e.g. call center, publication vendors, medical communication agency, etc.) for Medical Information and Publications to support various needs within the organization.
- PharmD/PhD/MD/DO degree
- 10+ years scientific communication related experience with preferred experience in medical affairs or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience in managing multiple projects including budgeting, vendor assessment and oversight
- Knowledge of GPP2022, ICMJE, and ACCME guidelines
- Excellent communication skills, relationship building capabilities, and proven ability to influence decision-making without authority
- Ability to travel as necessary (estimated 10 to 20%)
- Knowledge of the Hematology therapeutic area/gene therapy
Editas provides a comprehensive array of benefits to all employees, including a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Medical Plan, a company-funded Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, Dependent Care Account, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Programs, and a flexible Paid Time Off policy.