Scientist I/II - Translational Research and Operations - 2386
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases. We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before. Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
Editas Medicine is seeking a highly motivated and collaborative immunologist to join our Translational Research and Operations team. The person hired will utilize scientific expertise in immune response and understanding of gene editing techniques to support both preclinical and clinical programs. This individual will be responsible for developing in house capabilities for monitoring immune response to support our gene editing programs, transfer assays to CROs for clinical use, and support clinical programs through data analysis. The ideal candidate will have a diverse experimental skill set, an understanding of bioanalytical assay development, experience managing junior scientists, a positive and team-centered attitude, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. This highly visible position allows for interaction with both discovery and clinical development teams to bring life changing therapies to patients with genetic disorders.
- Maintain mammalian cell lines and primary human cells/samples in tissue culture
- Use molecular and cellular techniques to evaluate inflammatory/cytokine response
- Develop, validate, and implement immunogenicity assays
- Work with translational operations and clinical operations for the successful transfer of assays to CROs
- Manage day to day activities of a direct report
- Interact with and oversee activities of CROs
- Perform QC/QA analysis of clinical data
- Work collaboratively with other scientists within the multi-disciplinary Translational Sciences team
- Maintain up to date knowledge of advancements in the field including new laboratory techniques and technologies
- Maintain accurate, well-organized experimental records
- Organize and present experimental results at regular team meetings
- PhD in immunology or related field with 0 to 3 years of industry experience
- In depth knowledge of CRISPR based gene editing
- Hands on experience with protein and cell-based assays including mammalian tissue culture, ELISA, MSD, and flow cytometry
- Hands on experience with molecular biology techniques including expression systems
- Proven ability to design experiments, troubleshoot, interpret, and report data
- Previous experience managing junior scientists
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Analytical mind with high attention to detail
- Exhibits high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys working in a fast-paced, resourceful, and creative environment
Editas provides a comprehensive array of benefits to all employees, including a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Medical Plan, a company-funded Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, Dependent Care Account, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Programs, and a flexible Paid Time Off policy.
Something looks off?