SVP, Program Leadership - 2380
The SVP, Program Leadership, in reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), will work closely with the cross-functional Program Team and other key stakeholders to direct overall planning and execution of program activities at Editas. This individual, possessing leadership attributes such as being an active listener and an ability to form partnerships through collaborative engagement, will cultivate a deep understanding of the science, patient needs, competitive landscape, and technology and market trends relating to Editas’ programs, and will create short and long-term objectives for science, strategy, and execution that lead to regulatory approvals and successful commercialization of transformative CRISPR-based gene editing medicines for patients.
- Lead the development and implementation of portfolio and program strategies for the entire lifecycle of drug development from target identification, clinical development, regulatory approval to commercial success.
- Responsible to Portfolio Management Committee (PMC) to help drive agreement on strategic direction by identifying potential opportunities, assessing risk, and defining value proposition.
- Manage and mentor portfolio and program management teams, ensuring high performance and delivery against objectives, by setting clear goals, providing regular feedback, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships with internal and external partners to drive execution of integrated development plan (IDP).
- Drive execution against IDP by ensuring accountability and delivery by program teams and functions. This involves monitoring progress, identifying issues and risks, and taking corrective action as needed to keep programs on track.
- Lead the development of integrated budgets and ensure adherence across functions, through collaboration with finance and other functions to develop budgets that are aligned with the strategic goals of the portfolio and ensuring that spending is managed within budgetary constraints.
- Conduct long-range cost planning to ensure efficient allocation of resources by identifying opportunities for optimization and efficiency.
- Provide strong product development leadership, from development through commercialization and life cycle management, including setting the strategic direction for each product, managing the development process, and ensuring successful launch and commercialization.
- Engage with stakeholders to ensure alignment of development plans with their needs. This involves incorporating patient and stakeholder feedback into the development process, as well as communicating the value of the product to these groups.
- Demonstrate active listening and other leadership attributes to foster strong debate and resolution to drive delivery and execution by fostering an environment of open communication, encouraging diverse perspectives, and being responsive to feedback and concerns.
- Adapt to changes in the environment and adjust portfolio and program strategies accordingly, including staying up-to-date on industry trends and developments, as well as being flexible and adaptable to changes in the competitive landscape or regulatory environment.
- BS/BA in a relevant academic field; MBA, MD, PhD, or other graduate degree strongly preferred. Overall preference for candidates with scientific training.
- Extensive experience and track record with development of innovative, first-in-class medical products required.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering an approved product for commercial launch.
- Genetic disease, gene therapy, and/or cell therapy experience strongly desired, including with the clinical, regulatory, and CMC issues involved with complex genetic medicine and biologic drug products.
- 12+ years’ experience within the pharma/biotech/biopharma space in roles of progressively increasing responsibility.
- Proven track record in program leadership or cross-disciplinary background with successful team leadership experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams without direct reporting responsibility; exceptional interpersonal skills and collaborative nature with strong ability to influence, motivate, inspire, encourage, and develop others.
- Drug development experience with ability to critically assess development plans, regulatory and commercial strategies and determine resource needs, budgets, and timelines.
- Driven by patient needs and comfortable operating in a highly scientific and technical environment while dealing with ambiguity.
- Strong collaboration, decision-making, and conflict management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong formal presentation skills and ability to communicate complex scientific information in an understandable manner.
- Sophisticated understanding of evolving scientific, clinical, regulatory, competitive, and economic trends impacting industry and able to adapt operational strategies accordingly.
- Experience in both large and small company environments a plus.
Editas provides a comprehensive array of benefits to all employees, including a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Medical Plan, a company-funded Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, Dependent Care Account, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Programs, and a flexible Paid Time Off policy.
Something looks off?