Senior Scientist, HSC Therapies - 2369
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases. We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before. Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
At Editas, our mission is to champion belonging, inclusivity, diversity, and equity, cultivating a culture where every individual feels valued and included. This commitment fuels our drive to excel in scientific innovation, allowing us to harness the power of gene editing to develop groundbreaking and life-changing therapies for people living with serious diseases with the greatest unmet needs.
Together, we are leading the way towards a healthier and more equitable future.
Editas Medicine is seeking a highly motivated and skilled scientist with in-depth understanding of hematopoietic stem cell and red cell biology to join the Hematology team to develop genome editing medicine to treat hematological diseases. This individual will lead a small team of research associates to perform studies to support life cycle management for EDIT-301, Editas’ lead clinical asset for the treatment of beta hemoglobinopathies. The individual will actively participate in research teams and collaborate effectively across functions; contribute to advancing Editas’ EDIT-301 program to commercialization; and support effort in developing milder conditioning regimen and in vivo HSC editing. This individual will be collaborative, goal-oriented, and timeline sensitive while maintaining high quality output.
The Senior Scientist will be responsible for:
- Manage a small team of Research Associates and Associate Scientists to perform research supporting development of HSC-based therapies from early discovery to regulatory filing.
- Lead discovery effort for follow-on EDIT-301 therapies including identifying milder conditioning regimen to improve patient experience and access to EDIT-301
- Support discovery effort for in vivo HSC editing approach.
- Establish SOPs, write prospective protocols, author study reports and regulatory documents, assist patent filing, and contribute to business development activities.
- Design and execute in vivo and in vitro experiments, maintain detailed record electronically in accordance with Editas’ policy, analyze data and present at internal and external meetings.
- Manage interactions with vendors, CROs, KOLs, and academic collaborators.
- Support project strategy development, manage research timeline and deliverables, plan, and coordinate project work with functional stakeholders.
- Serve as a technical and scientific resource for junior staff.
- Manage diverse team interactions. Be a dedicated people manager to positively influence our culture.
- Required Qualifications
- Ph.D in hematology or related field of study with minimum of three years of working experience, including strong publication records.
- Must have hands-on experience working with mouse models and is proficient in dosing, tissue harvest, and processing.
- Must be proficient in cell-based assay development and molecular techniques.
- Solid understanding of hematopoietic stem cell biology and red cell biology is required.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Hands-on experience with gene editing technologies is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in development of gene and cell therapy in pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry is desirable.
- Working experience with lipid nanoparticles for targeted delivery in vivo is highly desired.
- Ability to think critically, synthesize and extract simple principles from complex datasets, communicate effectively across broad spectrum of audience both internal and external to Editas, excellent written skills.
- Ability to conduct high-quality research and execute research plans in a timely and organized manner.
- Must be able to adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Effective communicator.
If you are a results-focused and collaborative professional with a passion for advancing transformative therapies, we invite you to apply. Join us at the forefront of genetic innovation and be a key contributor to Editas Medicine's mission of redefining healthcare through cutting-edge genetic technologies.
Fostering Belonging. Fueling Innovation. Transforming Lives.
Editas provides a comprehensive array of benefits to all employees, including a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Medical Plan, a company-funded Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, Dependent Care Account, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Programs, and a flexible Paid Time Off policy.