Senior Development Associate, Analytical Development - 2367
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases. We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before. Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Develop, execute, and transfer cell-based assays to support gene-modified cell therapy programs
- Work collaboratively cross-functionally with internal project teams as well as external CDMOs
- Analyze and present data within the organization
- Share responsibility in maintaining lab equipment and reagent inventory
- Maintain an electronic lab notebook and contribute to supporting documentation
Knowledge, Skills & Capabilities:
- Experience in performing molecular biology techniques such as ddPCR and RT-qPCR
- Experience with running flow cytometry assays
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
- Experience with development and qualification of cell-based assays a plus.
- Results-driven with excellent attention to details
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, problem-solve, prioritize assignments, and adjust priorities to meet goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment
- Experience writing/editing standard operating procedures and reports (preferred)
- Knowledge of CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing technologies (preferred)
Education & Relevant Work Experience:
- M.S. in cell/molecular biology, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, or related field with 0-2 years of relevant experience (3+ years for Associate Sci I)
- B.S. in cell/molecular biology, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, or related field with 2+ years of relevant experience (5+ years for Associate Sci I)
- Knowledge of CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing technologies.
- Development and/or technical transfer of GMP test methods for biologics.
- Technical skills: mammalian cell culture, immunoassays including ELISA, MSD, flow cytometery, and molecular biology techniques—qPCR, ddPCR
Editas provides a comprehensive array of benefits to all employees, including a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Medical Plan, a company-funded Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, Dependent Care Account, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Programs, and a flexible Paid Time Off policy.
Something looks off?