Senior Accountant - 2365
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases. We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before. Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Perform monthly close activities, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of various balance sheet and P&L accounts, including cash, investments, AR, intercompany, leases and various month-end R&D accruals
- Monitor, track, and record transactions related to license and collaboration agreements
- Provide accounting support for external and internal audit requests, including SOX404b testing
- Drive, develop, and maintain the Company's narratives and internal control matrix. Work with key processes owners to educate them on internal controls.
- Ensure all accounting policies and procedures are documented and in line with relevant GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Evaluate assigned processes and recommend improvement to maximize efficiencies and ensure conformity to internal policy and procedure and regulatory requirements
- Collaborate across the finance team and other operational departments on cross-functional initiatives including partnering with FP&A on budget-to-actual analyses
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual SEC filings, financial statements, and other management reports
- Assist with accounting/finance process improvements
- Assist with payroll and equity administration as needed
- Assist with the preparation of stock based compensation expense in accordance with ASC 740
- Prepare certain schedules for the Company's corporate tax provision and returns
- Assist with ad hoc projects as required
Knowledge, Skills & Capabilities:
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- In-depth knowledge of and ability to apply generally accepted accounting principles and concepts
- Proficient in Excel, experience with Oracle Fusion, Equity Edge and ADP a plus
- Must be a critical thinker and problem solver able to question what is and recommend what should be
- Career minded, team player with a strong work ethic and the ability to lead
- A collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely, and consistent manner
Education & Relevant Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Accounting
- CPA qualified is strongly preferred
- Experience implementing significant process and technology improvements, significant functional experience specifically in accounting operations in a publicly traded company environment
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related public company experience including internal controls or a big 4 accounting firm with increasing level of responsibility and demonstrated leadership skills
- Prior life science experience preferred, including knowledge of clinical and manufacturing accrual process.
Editas provides a comprehensive array of benefits to all employees, including a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Medical Plan, a company-funded Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, Dependent Care Account, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Programs, and a flexible Paid Time Off policy.
Something looks off?