Director, HSC Therapies - 2361
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases. We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before. Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
Editas Medicine is currently in search of a driven and versatile individual to lead the development of genome editing medicine of hematopoietic stem cells to treat severe genetic diseases, including hematological diseases. This individual will lead a team of scientists to perform research ranging from early discovery to supporting regulatory filings. The individual will actively participate in program teams and collaborate effectively across functions, lead in vivo HSC editing, and contribute to advancing Editas’ EDIT-301 program for beta hemoglobinopathies to commercialization. The successful candidate must have in-depth knowledge of hematopoietic stem cell biology; demonstrate a proven track record in drug discovery, and have development experience with biologics, nucleic acid-based, or gene therapy products through IND; and a solid understanding of FDA/EMA guidelines. The successful candidate will be a collaborative, goal-oriented, and timeline-sensitive individual who maintains high-quality output.
- Manage a diverse team of scientists to perform research supporting development of HSC-based therapies from early discovery to regulatory filing.
- Lead discovery effort for in vivo editing of HSCs to treat hematological diseases.
- Develop project strategy, understand timeline and deliverables, plan, and coordinate project work with functional stakeholders.
- Contribute to building the product strategy for EDIT-301 including life-cycle management and path to commercialization.
- Manage CROs, academic collaborators, and KOLs.
- Establish SOPs, write prospective protocols, author study reports and regulatory documents, assist patent filing, and contribute to business development activities.
- Serve as a technical and scientific resource for junior staff.
- Embrace diverse team interactions.
- Engage, develop and retain team members, demonstrating strong people manager skills to positively influence our culture.
- Ph.D. in HSC Biology, Hematology, Developmental Biology, Immunology, or related field of study with minimum of ten years of working experience, including strong track record of hands-on experience in development of gene and cell therapy in pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry.
- Solid understanding of hematopoietic stem cell biology is required as demonstrated by publications and/or track record of developing HSC-based therapeutics.
- Familiarity with FDA and EMA guidance for cell and gene therapy and experience with IND-filing.
- A minimum of five years managerial experience that demonstrates effective leadership in a cross-functional setting.
- Working experience with lipid nanoparticles for targeted delivery in vivo is highly desirable.
- Ability to think critically, synthesize and extract simple principles from complex datasets,
- Ability to communicate effectively across a broad spectrum of audience both internal and external to Editas, excellent oral and written skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills with proven ability to thrive in matrixed environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to conduct high-quality research and execute research plans in a timely and organized manner.
- Capable of innovating approaches to drive programs forward
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to adjust quickly to changing priorities.
Editas provides a comprehensive array of benefits to all employees, including a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Medical Plan, a company-funded Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, Dependent Care Account, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Programs, and a flexible Paid Time Off policy.