Medical Writing Specialist
Medical Writing Specialist
Disc Medicine is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing, and commercializing novel treatments for patients who suffer from serious hematologic diseases. We are building a portfolio of innovative, first-in-class therapeutic candidates that aim to address a wide spectrum of hematologic diseases by targeting fundamental biological pathways of red blood cell biology, specifically heme biosynthesis and iron homeostasis. Disc Medicine values collaboration, professional development, and scientific integrity and promotes an inclusive company culture that empowers and inspires.
Disc Medicine is seeking a Medical Writing Specialist to edit, perform quality-control (QC) review, coordinate literature and assist with managing the shared library, and other medical-writing support for scientific publications, clinical studies, and regulatory documents. The Medical Writing Specialist will implement editing and document-management skills to help streamline all written communications.
- Working with Medical Writing, edit, review, and revise documents for adherence to style guidelines, consistency, data and content accuracy, and submission compliance, including formatting, corrections, and source annotations.
- Collaborate with Medical Writing and other clinical and regulatory team members in the preparation of clinical and regulatory documents; participate in the document-review process to consolidate comments and resolve conflicts.
- Edit and/or QC manuscripts, abstracts, and other conference materials related to publications strategy.
- Contribute to timeline creation and adhere to review timelines to ensure QC steps are included and completed at the appropriate draft stages.
- Verify, gather, and share literature references to online library, gather and post literature for submissions, search, and order articles as needed.
- Ensure applicable guidelines and regulations are followed in the scientific and clinical writing deliverables, including but not limited to the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH), Common Technical Documents (CTD) guidelines, content, and templates, as well as QC documentation.
- Assist with template modification or creation.
- Stay up-to-date on current industry practices, compliances, regulations, company standard operating procedures (SOPs), and company.
- A graduate degree in life sciences or paramedical sciences with five years of relevant editing and QC experience in a Medical Writing environment; or a bachelor’s degree in life sciences or English/communications with more than five years of editing and QC experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry.
- Certification from industry-recognized Medical Writers associations (e.g., AMWA, BELS) is preferred.
- Strong communication skills and aptitude for revising scientific and clinical information and summarizing findings in a succinct manner.
- Meticulous attention to detail and critical thinking, with ability to correct grammar and provide consistency, clarity, and accuracy.
- Solid editing, technical, and analytical skills, with strength in language and English grammar, knowledge of style guides, and word processing/software programs in the Windows environment.
- Thorough understanding of the drug-development process and expertise with CTD document content and templates.
- Passion for scientific and clinical research knowledge/vocabulary, with “a knack” for working on scientific clinical/medical literature and research data.
- Interest in expanding medical-writing skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently, as well as the capability to coordinate and collaborate with a variety of people.
Disc Medicine is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing all qualified candidates and employees equal opportunities. We offer comprehensive benefits and competitive compensation packages. The Company headquarters are in Watertown, MA, and we provide a flexible work environment.
Disc Medicine actively recruits individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and a drive for excellence. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com and include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that agency phone calls or submissions will not be accepted.
* * *