Manager/Sr. Manager of Information Technology
Manager/Sr. Manager of Information Technology
Disc Medicine is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing, and commercializing novel treatments for patients who suffer from serious hematologic diseases. We are building a portfolio of innovative, first-in-class therapeutic candidates that aim to address a wide spectrum of hematologic diseases by targeting fundamental biological pathways of red blood cell biology, specifically heme biosynthesis and iron homeostasis. Disc Medicine values collaboration, professional development, and scientific integrity and promotes an inclusive company culture that empowers and inspires.
Disc Medicine has a new role in its Operations team for an Information Technology professional to provide operational oversight and support of the corporate technology, infrastructure, security, and end-user environment. Reporting to the Head of IT, this individual will oversee the end-user computing environment, including laptops, audio-visual systems, the M365 suite, security infrastructure, and other relevant applications. They will play a key role in enabling and maintaining scalable, secure infrastructure and ongoing cyber-resilience. The individual will work with the Managed Service Provider (MSP) to ensure the effectiveness of key processes, including the IT service desk, user lifecycle management, asset, and license management.
- Managing the relationship and performance of our IT MSP, ensuring that they deliver high-quality and cost-effective IT services to our stakeholders.
- Provide technical support to our end-user community and consultant network as needed.
- Work closely with the business to identify opportunities for process improvement and automation to enhance overall operational efficiency.
- Provision and maintain IT equipment for our employees and contractors, such as laptops, printers, scanners, etc.
- Manage employee workflows for onboarding, job changes, and terminations, ensuring that IT access and assets are granted or revoked promptly and securely.
- Act as an IT representative on the selection and implementation of application software.
- Perform periodic account and access audits of systems and ensure least privilege is enforced.
- Participate in the day-to-day monitoring and operational support of security solution hardware, software, managed solutions, and service provider relationships.
- Participate in improving our infrastructure, processes, procedures, and information security program.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation, standard operating procedures, and knowledge base articles related to IT services and processes.
- Partner with the business, understanding challenges and opportunities. Engage with the end user community, providing training, sharing best practices, and communicating changes and updates.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to provide recommendations for enhancing our service offerings and infrastructure.
- Minimum 5-7 years or equivalent combination of education and expertise in end-user support, networking, IT operations, and security.
- Experience with the Microsoft M365 suite, SharePoint, and MS Teams administration.
- Experience with identity management solutions like Active Directory, SSO, and MFA.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically, with effective decision-making skills.
- Flexible, versatile, and willing to work in a fast-moving, dynamic, growing environment.
- Experience managing an IT MSP or a similar outsourced IT service provider.
- Knowledge of ITIL/ITSM processes and associated systems. ITIL certification is a plus.
- At least one of the following certifications: Network+, Security+, CISSP or CISM.
- Experience administering Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience in the life sciences industry.
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following frameworks: NIST, SOX, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Center for Internet Security (CIS) standards or Service Organization Controls (SOC) 2.
Disc Medicine is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing all qualified candidates and employees equal opportunities. We offer comprehensive benefits and competitive compensation packages. The Company headquarters are in Watertown, MA, and we provide a flexible work environment.
Disc Medicine actively recruits individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and a drive for excellence. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that agency phone calls or submissions will not be accepted.
* * *