Intern, Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT)
Neurodegenerative diseases are one of the largest medical challenges of our time. Denali Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through our deep commitment to degeneration biology and principles of translational medicine. Denali is founded on the collaboration of leading scientists, industry experts, and investors who share the vision that scientific discovery energetically applied to translational medicine is the key to delivering effective therapies to patients.
Denali Therapeutics has an exciting opportunity for a summer intern to support the start-up of our state-of-the-art biotechnology manufacturing facility in Salt Lake City (SLC), Utah. This role will be based in Salt Lake City, but will have connectivity to the larger intern program based in South San Francisco, CA, the company headquarters. The intern will work alongside a team with extensive experience to support the Denali site that is part of the SLC biotech community. During the internship, the candidate will be exposed to and may work on projects related to setting up technical operations for a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility. This is likely to include facility system start up and commissioning, the development of processes and procedures to support the new facility, and new lab startup and project management. The candidate will also be exposed to the pharmaceutical drug development process, including understanding the complexity and criticality of GMP Manufacturing of clinical trial material. At the end of the program, the candidate will have the opportunity to present his/her work to colleagues within the organization. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated student who has a strong scientific and/or engineering background (e.g. biology, chemical engineering), is intellectually curious, flexible, and enjoys working within a collaborative team setting.
Responsibilities Could Include
- Start up and commissioning of various systems, including equipment and automation
- Building of operational recipes and batch records
- Development of procedures and training materials for building utilities and process equipment
- Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) Lab start-up operations and project management (scheduling installation, receiving equipment)
- Aspects of process fit analysis for the new facility
- Creation of multimedia materials to support manufacturing operations
- Rising junior or above pursuing a BS or MS (science/engineering) with significant interest in biotech/pharma operations and manufacturing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Energetic, and self-motivated with ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience working in a lab or manufacturing setting is highly desirable.
Denali is committed to its core company value of unity by creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The expected wage for this position based on the South San Francisco California office location is $20.96 per hour for BA/BS and $25.87 per hour for MS. Paid holiday time off is based on Denali's designated holidays. Interns who live more than 50 miles away from the office are eligible for an additional housing stipend.
*This compensation and benefits information is based on Denali’s good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.
- Start Date: Summer 2024
- Length of Assignment: 10 - 12 weeks
- Location: Salt Lake City, UT
- Job Type: Paid Internship