Neurodegenerative diseases are one of the largest medical challenges of our time. Denali Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through our deep commitment to degeneration biology and principles of translational medicine. Denali is founded on the collaboration of leading scientists, industry experts, and investors who share the vision that scientific discovery energetically applied to translational medicine is the key to delivering effective therapies to patients.
Denali is seeking a motivated candidate for a summer internship position in our commercial team. In this role you will help us conquer difficult problems and develop effective solutions for implementation during and/or in follow-up to your internship. From our headquarters in South San Francisco, you will work with various members of the commercial leadership team and others in the organization on one or more of the projects, which are described in more detail below.
Project focus will include one or more of the following:
- Supporting the initial design of the lifecycle management strategy for one of our lead products
- Conducting research to help inform and define the size of the addressable population of a rare genetic disease
- Gathering and presenting competitive intelligence to inform our organizational understanding of future competition in a major neurodegenerative disease area
- Researching and recommending a financially feasible approach to patient services
- Developing the U.S. payer collateral for an ultra-rare disease
- Delivering presentations during and at the conclusion of your internship experience, summarizing research and recommendations; audiences will include colleagues within and outside of the Commercial team.
- Candidate for an MBA or graduate degree in a life sciences-focused program at an accredited U.S. university
- Self- and results-driven, organized, resourceful, adaptable and collaborative
- Bold and creative thinker with a curious nature, eager to learn about the complexities of the business of healthcare and biotech
- Evident communication and analytical skills
- High degree of proficiency with the MS Office Suite or Google equivalent
Denali is committed to its core company value of unity by creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The expected wage for this position based on the South San Francisco California office location for MBA is $129,162.00 annualized and prorated based on length of assignment. Paid holiday time off is based on Denali's designated holidays. Interns who live more than 50 miles away from the office are eligible for an additional housing stipend.
*This compensation and benefits information is based on Denali’s good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.
- Start Date: Summer 2024
- Length of Assignment: 10 - 12 weeks
- Location: South San Francisco, CA
- Job Type: Paid Internship