Intern, Biology Discovery
Neurodegenerative diseases are one of the largest medical challenges of our time. Denali Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through our deep commitment to degeneration biology and principles of translational medicine. Denali is founded on the collaboration of leading scientists, industry experts, and investors who share the vision that scientific discovery energetically applied to translational medicine is the key to delivering effective therapies to patients.
Denali is seeking a motivated graduate student for an internship position in the Biology Discovery group to gain meaningful research experience in blood-brain barrier and CNS disease biology. This is a hands-on laboratory position with abundant opportunity for collaboration with other researchers in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to learn new research techniques and apply these methods to support therapeutic and exploratory projects.
- Work under supervision of Denali scientists to design and conduct experiments to better understand the molecular mechanisms of neurodegenerative disease, with an emphasis on Alzheimer’s disease
- Perform hands-on experiments to facilitate drug discovery projects
- Generate, analyze, and interpret data, including documentation in an electronic lab notebook
- Present work to Denali project and function teams
- Candidates pursuing a PhD in biological sciences or related fields, including Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, and Neuroscience
- Hands-on experiences with good understanding of common wet lab techniques such as tissue-culture, western blot, immunohistochemistry, microscopy, RNA extraction, etc.
- Curiosity-driven, self-motivated, and well-organized with strong communication skills and ability to perform teamwork in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in data analysis software such as GraphPad prism, Microsoft Office, or equivalent
Denali is committed to its core company value of unity by creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The expected wage for this position based on the South San Francisco California office location is $31.82 per hour for PhD. Paid holiday time off is based on Denali's designated holidays. Interns who live more than 50 miles away from the office are eligible for an additional housing stipend.
*This compensation and benefits information is based on Denali’s good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.
- Start Date: Summer 2024
- Length of Assignment: 10 - 12 weeks
- Location: South San Francisco, CA
- Job Type: Paid Internship