Scientist, Bioassay Development
Neurodegenerative diseases are one of the largest medical challenges of our time. Denali Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through our deep commitment to degeneration biology and principles of translational medicine. Denali is founded on the collaboration of leading scientists, industry experts, and investors who share the vision that scientific discovery energetically applied to translational medicine is the key to delivering effective therapies to patients.
We invite you to consider an opportunity with Denali to help achieve our goal of delivering meaningful therapeutics to patients.
We are seeking a talented and experienced scientist to develop, optimize, and establish state-of-the-art potency assays for our diverse pipeline of large molecule biotherapeutics. The ideal candidate should have hands-on experience in ligand-based and cell-based bioassays to characterize activity and potency of a variety of modalities including antibodies and Fc-fusion proteins as well as potentially oligonucleotide-conjugates and virus-based gene therapies. The candidate will join a broader process development group with opportunities to closely collaborate on all aspects of analytical, formulation, and process development.
- Independently design and perform experiments with a focus on binding, enzymatic activity, and cell-based bioassays.
- Developing, optimizing, and qualifying bioassays for product release and stability testing as well as to supporting cell-line, bioprocess, and formulation development activities.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for potency assays, promoting innovation and exploring novel techniques or technology and approaches for developing, optimizing, qualifying, and troubleshooting of complex assays.
- Responsible for leading and supporting testing for extended characterization studies of early and late-stage projects.
- Maintaining complete and accurate records and contribute to continuing process improvement.
- Representing Bioassay team cross-functionally and continuously drive Bioassay method development through internal and external collaborations.
- Presenting experimental results in team meetings.
- Detailed recording and analysis of experiments in an electronic laboratory notebook (ELN)
- Coordinating parallel tasks across multiple projects and prioritizing deliverables to meet departmental and organizational goals.
- BS./M.S. in relevant scientific discipline with a minimum of 5 – 8 years of direct CMC bioassay development experience in biotech/biopharma or Ph.D. with 2+ years of directly relevant experience
- Direct experience performing, developing and optimizing bioassays using multiple platforms and technologies (e.g., ELISA, HTRF, DELFIA, fluorescence etc.) is required.
- Experience in developing and optimizing cell-based assays using different bioassay methodologies (e.g., cellular uptake, reporter gene, effector function) is preferred.
- Hands on experience in developing binding and cell-based assays measuring biological activity within large molecule CMC function is desired.
- Strive to explore and bring new technologies and initiatives to improve existing procedures.
- Working with electronic notebooks and experience with graphing or statistical packages (GraphPad Prism, SoftMax Pro, PLA, etc.) is essential.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent laboratory, critical thinking, scientific problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Motivated, detail-oriented, naturally curious individual with a creative approach to scientific problem solving and a burning desire to help patients with neurodegenerative diseases.
Denali is committed to its core company value of unity by creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Salary Range: $121,000.00 to $158,000.00. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience. Denali offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k, healthcare coverage, ESPP and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://www.denalitherapeutics.com/careers
*This compensation and benefits information is based on Denali’s good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.