Associate Scientist, Clinical Biomarkers
Denali Therapeutics is dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through our deep commitment to degeneration biology and principles of translational medicine.
In anticipation of the Company’s growth plans, Denali Therapeutics is seeking to recruit an Associate Scientist to support our clinical biomarker activities. This individual will work in close collaboration with colleagues in Discovery Biology and Clinical Development to implement biomarker assays to demonstrate drug target engagement and develop disease biology biomarkers.
- Working with senior team members, rigorously develop and implement biomarker assays including plate-based immunoassays, mass spectroscopy, flow cytometry, and immunohistochemistry
- Work closely with the sample management group to archive, process, track and test large sets of biosamples from preclinical and clinical studies
- Keep detailed records of experimental procedures and data
- Communicate biomarker data clearly to cross-functional teams and collaborators
Successful candidates will have many of the following qualities:
- MS/BS degree with at least 3 years of pharmaceutical/biotech experience, focusing on the fields of biology, cell biology, neuroscience, or immunology.
- Extensive hands-on experience with assay development, including plate-based immunoassays, mass spectroscopy, flow cytometry, and immunohistochemistry.
- Ability to plan, design, and troubleshoot experiments with the guidance of team members.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt new experimental laboratory protocols.
- Hands-on experience with plate-based immunoassays.
- Hands-on experience with PBMC isolation and tissue culture.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong planning skills and the ability to multitask to meet tight project deadlines.
- Scientific curiosity for new techniques and knowledge.
- Self-motivated and scientifically rigorous with a can-do attitude and mental flexibility for fast-paced industry.
- Ability to document experimental procedures and write protocols with attention to detail.
Denali is committed to its core company value of unity by creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Salary Range: $100,000 - $126,667. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience. Denali offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k, healthcare coverage, ESPP and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://www.denalitherapeutics.com/careers
This compensation and benefits information is based on Denali’s good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.