Scientist, Cell Culture Process Development
Denali Therapeutics is dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through our deep commitment to degenerative biology and the principles of translational medicine.
We are seeking to hire a highly motivated and collaborative Scientist to join our Bioprocess Development team, focused on cell culture process development & manufacturing. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing efficient, robust and scalable mammalian cell culture processes as well as transfer of upstream processes from development into clinical manufacturing.
- Develop scalable mammalian cell culture fed-batch processes to support pre-clinical and clinical development and manufacturing
- Design and execute lab-scale bioreactor fed-batch productions and harvest studies to inform and support large scale process decisions
- Tech transfer cell culture processes to CMOs for manufacturing as well as support clinical manufacturing campaigns
- Author process descriptions, development reports, tech transfer documents and relevant IND sections
- Continuously improve current upstream platform processes as well as evaluate and develop newer technologies as needed
- PhD in biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering or related scientific discipline, MS with 3+ years cell culture development experience in the biotech/biopharma industry or BS with 5+ years of experience
- Working knowledge of the scale-up/scale-down principles of cell culture processes including an understanding of micro, bench-scale and pilot scale bioreactor operations
- Experience working with CHO cell lines, developing mammalian fed-batch processes including media and feed optimization to support early and late stage clinical production
- Experience with instruments routinely used in cell culture such as Vi-Cell, Nova Flex2, Octet and bench-top bioreactors
- Broad experience in protein characterization, design of experiments and analytics
- Experience working with novel large molecule formats such as bispecific antibodies and Fusion proteins is a plus
- Excellent critical thinking, scientific problem-solving and communication skills
Denali is committed to its core company value of unity by creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Salary Range: $121,000.00 to $158,000.00. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience. Denali offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k, healthcare coverage, ESPP and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://www.denalitherapeutics.com/careers
*This compensation and benefits information is based on Denali’s good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.