Lab Facilities Specialist
Denali Therapeutics is dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through our deep commitment to degenerative biology and the principles of translational medicine.
The Lab Specialist is responsible for the successful and smooth operation of laboratory functions through interaction with team members, customers as well as external service providers. The individual will manage multiple projects and on-going work activities of moderate complexity to ensure on time and within budget completion. In addition to supporting staff to answer questions and resolve issues, the individual will provide guidance, coaching and training as necessary to ensure a broad base of knowledge and continuous development of the team. The individual will provide guidance to lab vendors, and advise on lab space utilization and maintenance.
- Work cross functionally to improve operational efficiencies in the areas of equipment/lab consumable spend
- Maintain chemical receipt/delivery/barcoding and inventory program
- Maintain the site Safety Datasheet (SDS) database
- Develop and maintain a defrost schedule for -20C and -80C freezers
- Support labs via equipment decontamination, incubator services, and equipment preventative maintenance (PM)
- Support defrost/decon schedules for cold storage equipment (i.e. freezers, refrigerators, thermocyclers, etc.)
- Support on-boarding activities for new lab personnel (i.e. bench allocation, orientation, training, etc.)
- Promote lab environmental, health and safety programs (e.g. PPE usage by personnel, lab inspections, use of the chemical inventory program, etc.)
- Maintain and support general cleanliness of laboratories, and associated spaces
- Maintain supplies of, and stock, laboratories with commonly used supplies
- Support equipment moves, researcher bench space and equipment assignments.
- Maintain relationships with primary vendors for ordering lab supplies and support
- Support incubator daily servicing Preventative Maintenance (PM) and decontamination.
- Manage and maintain gas supply for all labs
- Safety walkthroughs of the laboratories to inspect and promote a safe working environment.
- Maintain biosafety cabinet PMs and decontamination management
- Manage lab equipment asset database, including tracking, servicing and record keeping
- Collaborate with inventory coordinator for ordering ad hoc supplies to support research
- Maintain pipette inventory, service, repair and calibration
- Serve as a member of the alarm notification team for crucial equipment (e.g. incubators, deli boxes, refrigerators, -20C freezers, -80C freezers) that responds to emergencies involving these same units during off hours.
- Support lab equipment troubleshooting and repair activities
- Support of Lab Assistant(s) in daily tasks involving Glass Wash & Autoclave, vacuum trap waste disposal, and Buffer Prep
- B.S. in relevant scientific field (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology etc.)
- 4+ years in industry lab setting
- Strong interdisciplinary personal interaction skills
- Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised, and manage time, and multitask projects
Denali is committed to its core company value of unity by creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Salary Range: $81,000.00 to $102,333.00. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience. Denali offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k, healthcare coverage, ESPP and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://www.denalitherapeutics.com/careers
*This compensation and benefits information is based on Denali’s good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.