Director, Human Resources Business Partner
Neurodegenerative diseases are one of the largest medical challenges of our time. Denali Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through our deep commitment to degeneration biology and principles of translational medicine. Denali is founded on the collaboration of leading scientists, industry experts, and investors who share the vision that scientific discovery energetically applied to translational medicine is the key to delivering effective therapies to patients.
We invite you to consider an opportunity with Denali to help achieve our goal of delivering meaningful therapeutics to patients.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer (CPO), the Director, Human Resources Business Partner will assist in leading, developing and executing the Human Resource (HR) strategy for specific functional groups in support of Denali’s organizational goals. The successful candidate will also serve as a primary project lead for cross-functional HR initiatives for the Company.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
- Serve as a senior level business partner and advisor to ensure HR outcomes are driven by and aligned with Denali’s business strategy and priorities.
- Collaborate closely with other HR leaders to consult, advise, coach and partner with functional leaders in all areas of HR strategy including Organizational Design, Talent Acquisition, Learning, Compensation, Benefits, and Employee Relations.
- Develop and execute assessment of internal talent needs and capabilities.
- Enable internal employee growth and development to achieve organizational goals and retain key talent.
- Partner with the business to attract, select and onboard highly-specialized talent to the Company.
- Support the development of organizational compensation and benefit strategies to attract, retain, reward and recognize employees.
- Partner with people leaders to identify employee performance gaps and to implement solutions in support of growth, improvement and successful business outcomes.
- Provide input into the effective application of the Company’s HRIS and other HR systems, as well as the development and use of people analytics to drive business outcomes.
- Collaborate with the Company and broader HR leadership team to plan for and seamlessly execute people-focused initiatives in support of employee engagement, connection, growth and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or a related field of study
- 10+ years of broad and progressive HR and/or people management experience required
- 5+ years of HR business partnering experience
- Pharmaceutical/biotech experience strongly preferred
- Experience building teams and implementing HR strategies, including the design, development, implementation, and execution of HR programs
- Fluency in the use of HR technology tools (HRIS, ATS)
Required Skills and Competencies
- Alignment with Denali’s core values of trust, unity, grit and growth
- Superb cross-functional project leadership including the planning, management, organization and execution of HR programs
- Exceptional business judgment and discretion
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to facilitate complex interactions and resolve conflict
- Evident financial, budget management and negotiation skills
- Familiarity with employment law and immigration processes strongly preferred
Denali is committed to its core company value of unity by creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Salary Range: $196,000.00 to $241,000.00. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience. Denali offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k, healthcare coverage, ESPP and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://www.denalitherapeutics.com/careers
*This compensation and benefits information is based on Denali’s good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.
Something looks off?