Senior Manager, Patient Advocacy & Engagement
Senior Manager, Patient Advocacy and Engagement
The Senior Manager, Patient Advocacy and Engagement will be responsible for supporting relationships with the patient community and advocacy organizations across the Denali therapeutic portfolio. The Senior Manager, Patient Advocacy & Engagement role serves as a liaison among patients, families, advocates, the community, and Denali in the development of clinical trial protocol, patient & caregiver materials, and external communications. Based on the understanding and relationships of the patient community and internal corporate objectives, the senior manager will draw upon these two perspectives to drive patient advocacy strategy that supports the patient communities we serve, helps Denali achieve its objectives, and fosters a corporate reputation as a trusted and credible partner with the patient advocacy and broader patient communities. This position reports to the Director, Patient Advocacy.
Your Contributions (Include, But Are Not Limited To)
- Identify, develop, and cultivate trust-based relationships with patient advocacy and influential community leaders consistent with the phase of development of Denali clinical programs.
- Assist in executing strategic plans for patient advocacy and stakeholder engagement across Denali programs/therapeutic areas.
- Collaborate with corporate communications, clinical operations, other cross functional teams, and external agencies to develop patient/advocate materials for Denali clinical programs and clinical trials
- Work closely with Clinical Operations to support clinical trial awareness and retention
- Support a Frequently Asked Questions database for patients and advocates across our clinical programs
- Monitor firstname.lastname@example.org e-mailbox and support appropriate and compliant responses
- Assist in seeing collateral through the Denali legal/medical and regulatory review process
- Execute stakeholder mapping across Denali therapeutic areas
- Assist in managing a budget for patient advocacy group support, including the submission, and tracking of sponsorship & membership requests through internal review, contracting and payment
- Assist in supporting and organizing Patient Advisory Boards and Committees, as needed, in support of clinical programs.
- Represent the Patient Engagement & Advocacy function on key internal teams, educate other functions on the patient engagement & advocacy landscape
- Serve as an internal support for events where we invite the patient community to Denali to share their experiences with the entire company (All Hands Meetings, Disease Awareness Days, etc.)
- Represent the company at key patient advocacy group conferences, medical congresses, and other patient community meetings
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as applicable laws and regulations.
- Be a steward and the voice of patients at Denali and propel our patient focused culture
- Bachelor's degree required. Communications or agency background is a plus. Equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience may be considered.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 1+ years of experience with the pharmaceutical/medical/healthcare industry.
- 3+ years prior patient advocacy experience is preferred. (working within a non-profit patient group a plus)
- Neurodegeneration (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, ALS) and rare disease experience desired; experience in ALS a plus.
- Experience with clinical trial engagement a plus
- Experience with and understanding of the drug development process
- Interest and capacity to learn and understand the Denali science.
- Sensitivity to diverse groups of individuals both internal and external with the ability to manage many different opinions and perspectives.
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Excellent collaboration skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and manage complexity.
- Ability to influence others and drive alignment across diverse teams
- Empathic and passionate individual with the ability to build meaningful connections with internal and external stakeholders and drive change
- Ability to travel domestically 20-30% on a regular basis, with occasional international travel as required.
Denali is committed to its core company value of unity by creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Salary Range: $157,000 to $187,667. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience. Denali offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k, healthcare coverage, ESPP and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://www.denalitherapeutics.com/careers. This compensation and benefits information is based on Denali’s good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.
Something looks off?