Sr Clinical Data Scientist- R
Senior Data Scientist/Statistical Programmer, Clinical Data Science / Statistical Programming (South SF, Zurich, or Remote)
Denali Therapeutics is dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through our deep commitment to degeneration biology and principles of translational medicine.
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Data Scientist/Statistical Programmer for the Clinical Data Science / Statistical Programming Group. The candidate will have the opportunity to help shape Denali’s data and programming infrastructure, support the adoption of R in a regulated environment, gain an in-depth understanding of drug development in a fast-moving industry environment and subject domain knowledge in the field of neurodegeneration.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting drug development and clinical study projects; will have excellent statistical programming and problem-solving skills; The candidate will take the initiative to stay current on technologies and methods, will support the use of open-source software for clinical trial reporting within Denali, come up with innovative solutions to challenging problems, and work with Biometrics management to help set the overall strategic direction of the group.
- Represent Biometrics on project and study teams. Lead statistical programming deliverables including: generation of data visualizations or summary reports to support internal decision making and regulatory interactions (IND/CTA filings, annual safety reporting, etc.); providing input for study protocols and clinical study reports; reviewing study randomization specifications, overseeing outsourced development of analysis data and results; and reviewing case report forms and external data transfer specifications.
- Curate data for use with statistical reporting code and analytics applications.
- Develop and manage reusable code for interactive data visualization and analytics tools for reporting and exploratory analysis.
- Ensure high data quality and analysis reproducibility.
- Collaborate with Biometrics colleagues, scientists, and IT to develop solutions for Denali’s data infrastructure to enable effective use of data.
- Lead and mentor junior data scientists/statistical programmers.
- Must Have
- At a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Biological Science, or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Statistical Programmer on a Biotech/Pharma Clinical Development Biometrics Team or with a similar team and experience supporting drug development, medical device development, or intervention studies.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in representing and leading teams as well as mentoring junior staff in the clinical trials setting.
- Strong R programming skills (including tidyverse, RMarkdown, Shiny, htmlwidgets, development of R packages), experience applying software development concepts, and proficiency in using Git/GitHub to create operational, robust, and well documented code.
- Strong data wrangling skills using R and database languages (e.g., SQL, NoSQL).
- Able to create compelling data visualizations to help teams make correct data driven decisions and able to effectively communicate results to team members.
- Applied experience with SDTM or ADaM CDISC data.
- Good understanding of statistical principles and methods.
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Biological Science, or related field.
- Prior work experience with pharmacokinetic data and the neuroscience field, able to work in a Linux environment (including shell scripting), proficiency in languages or tools other than R (e.g., Python, Java, C++, SAS), containerization technologies such as Docker, Amazon Web Services, and experience with applying machine learning techniques.
Denali is committed to its core company value of unity by creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Salary Range: $125,000 to $158,333. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience. Denali offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k, healthcare coverage, ESPP and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://www.denalitherapeutics.com/careers
*This compensation and benefits information is based on Denali’s good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.
Something looks off?