bit.bio is an award-winning spinout from the University of Cambridge. Our breakthrough technology combines synthetic and stem cell biology for the precise, efficient and consistent reprogramming of human cells used in research, drug discovery, and cell therapy. At bit.bio, we are passionate about engineering human cells that will enable the medicine of the future. To do this we need talented and curious people who want to make an impact on the future of science and therapeutics.
As a team of individuals, we value science, collaboration, openness, curiosity and creativity. We are united by trust and respect for each other.
Location: Babraham Research Park, Cambridge
Type: Full time / Permanent
Salary: Competitive / Hours: 40 p/w
Office Based Position - Cambridge, UK with hybrid working available
Your role in our team:
As a Graphic Designer at bit.bio you will be central to the production of our marketing materials, both physical and digital, helping us to build and express our visual identity. Your “design eye” will help us to create elegant and intuitive content in many creative formats.
Being part of a small marketing team, you will have the opportunity to work in multiple media types ranging from exhibition booth graphics and brochure design to video editing and animations. Working at bit.bio provides the perfect space to build your skills and gain valuable experience in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
You will be a good communicator, liaising with the different stakeholders in each design project, managing the development process and making sure everyone is kept up to date. This also extends to working with external creative agencies and web designers, who will need your input and support.
This job is full of variety, and you’ll need to be able to turn your hand to a multitude of tasks.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Creation and editing of various graphics and media types to be used across the company including but, not exclusively; images, video, photographs, GIFs, animations, digital advertising (banners etc) etc.
- Executing and optimising the layout of materials including, but not exclusively; brochures, scientific posters, PowerPoint slides, editorial content etc.
- Liaising with and supporting the bit.bio creative and web design agencies with larger projects.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to deliver appropriate high-quality content.
- Managing the design process including briefing, drafts, feedback rounds and final stakeholder sign-off, with a focus on communication and transparency.
- Liaising with marketing operations for print needs as appropriate.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Have some work experience in an agency or in-house.
With essential experience in…
- Using Adobe creative cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Premier Pro, Lightroom etc).
- Using Canva and Figma.
- Being a photographer and videographer.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Products, including PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience of Web design.
- Experience of using project management tools such as “Monday.com”.
More reasons to join us:
bit.bio provides a vibrant and dynamic work environment in an exciting, fast-moving time for biology. We work with cutting edge technologies and with our world-leading scientific advisory board. We conduct pioneering work with real-world impact.
We trust our people to make significant contributions early on with opportunities to be involved in projects that are key to the success and growth of our young company. We invest in people, creating opportunities for personal development in an inclusive multi-skilled team with ambitious goals that provide opportunities to learn on the job from each other.
Creativity and open minds are encouraged for everyone to contribute to the success of the company.
For information on how we will manage your data please see our Candidate Privacy Notice