Product Marketing Manager (FTC)
bit.bio is an award-winning spinout from the University of Cambridge. Our breakthrough technology combines synthetic and stem cell biology for the precise, efficient and consistent reprogramming of human cells used in research, drug discovery, and cell therapy. At bit.bio, we are passionate about engineering human cells that will enable the medicine of the future. To do this we need talented and curious people who want to make an impact on the future of science and therapeutics.
As a team of individuals, we value science, collaboration, openness, curiosity and creativity. We are united by trust and respect for each other.
Location: Babraham Research Park, Cambridge
Type: This Fixed Term Contract (FTC) is to cover a period of maternity leave for up to 12 months, or on return of the substantive postholder, whichever is earlier.
Salary: Competitive / Hours: 40 p/w
Office Based Position - Cambridge, UK with hybrid working available
Your role in our team:
Supporting the bit.bio Products Team, you’ll be at the heart of supporting marketing activity. An important cog in the marketing wheel, you’ll be expected to be involved at all levels, including campaigns, competitive differentiation and support conferences and events.
The Product Marketing Manager will support the work of the marketing team and executives on projects directed at maximising company profits and developing sales strategies such as lead generation or marketing campaigns. They work closely with employees in other functions, such as the sales team, product managers, and science teams and are expected to work with external stakeholders such as creative agencies.
This job is full of variety, and you’ll need to be able to turn your hand to a multitude of tasks.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the implementation, execution, and analysis of customer-focused marketing campaigns from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration.
- Establish positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans to target the customer journey with specific objectives across different channels and segments.
- Working closely with the sales team and marketing managers to build, implement and drive general marketing campaigns that align with overall commercial activities and objectives.
- Develop on product messaging that sets new products apart from others in the market to give them a unique selling point.
- Communicate the vision and value of current and new products internally and externally to develop sales and marketing tools that facilitate the selling process.
- Manage the creation of content such as case studies, videos, application notes, long- and short-form articles, website copy, blog posts and marketing literature (including brochures, leaflets etc.) that communicate product features and target key audiences.
- Plan and participate in the launch of new offerings and products which involve several different departments.
- Support marketing operations with the initiation, organisation and execution of events, exhibitions, webinars, conferences and seminars.
- Coordinate and support execution of the production of event and exhibition collateral.
- Obtain insights into customers’ usage of current products, untapped opportunities, and buyer personas, through interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data.
- Support the marketing team with various projects.
- Employ marketing research and analytical techniques to gain market insight.
- Have a Bachelor, Master’s or PhD degree in Biology, Molecular Biology or a related field of study (or equivalent).
- Have demonstrable marketing experience in the Life Sciences industry, ideally with experience within the tools and reagents areas.
- Have a track record of success in product messaging and positioning.
- Have the ability to travel throughout Europe and internationally as required.
With essential experience in…
- Developing and deploying global integrated marketing programs; biotech and /or life sciences industry, and related products.
- Writing and editing skills, particularly for communicating scientific information, applications, and articles of interest accurately and appropriately to different target customer segments, including Scientific Buyers, Influencers, and Users.
- The ability to effectively communicate value proposition and technical information to a range of customer and internal audiences as required.
- Developing and presenting marketing materials required.
- Experience in launching new, complex products and achieving excellent business results; developing and implementing marketing and go-to-market/commercialisation strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
More reasons to join us:
bit.bio provides a vibrant and dynamic work environment in an exciting, fast-moving time for biology. We work with cutting edge technologies and with our world-leading scientific advisory board. We conduct pioneering work with real-world impact.
We trust our people to make significant contributions early on with opportunities to be involved in projects that are key to the success and growth of our young company. We invest in people, creating opportunities for personal development in an inclusive multi-skilled team with ambitious goals that provide opportunities to learn on the job from each other.
Creativity and open minds are encouraged for everyone to contribute to the success of the company.
For information on how we will manage your data please see our Candidate Privacy Notice