Manager, Payroll Operations (Hybrid)
The Manager of Payroll Operations will oversee the accurate and timely execution of multi-state payroll processing using ADP Work Force Now for approximately 2,300 employees for multiple FEINs across fifty states, including expatriates.
Using a hands-on approach and an extensive knowledge of the payroll function to include, but not limited to, payroll computations, multi-jurisdictional payroll taxation, quarterly and annual payroll tax reporting and reconciliation, wage garnishments, payroll accounting, internal controls, and federal, state, and local laws, the Manager of Payroll Operations is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the day-to-day payroll function.
It is critical for the Manager of Payroll Operations to have excellent organizational and leadership skills; be adept at working in a high volume and fast paced environment with a proven ability to take direction and execute tasks independently, effectively manage time and appropriately prioritize tasks.
- Manage end-to-end payroll processing cycles
- Review payroll data for accuracy, process payroll adjustments and resolve discrepancies accordingly.
- Prepare reconciliations of all quarterly and annual payroll tax returns and ensuring timely resolution of variances with third party payroll/tax vendor.
- Manage third party payroll provider and lead bi-weekly status calls related to outstanding issues, on-going support, and software enhancements/ improvements.
- Manage preparation of relevant wage, tax, and deduction reports in accordance with established schedules.
- Manage tax notices and ensure appropriate resolution by third party payroll/tax vendor.
- Monitor and actively communicate legislative changes that may impact payroll processes and internal policies to the Director of Payroll.
- Develop and document end-to-end payroll procedures.
- In partnership with Human Resources, review and analyze current practices to maximize technical efficiencies and identify process improvements leading to best-practice operations.
- Manage applications for new state income, unemployment, and local tax account numbers, as needed.
- Ad hoc projects as required.
Knowledge/ Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years’ experience leading payroll teams and multiple jurisdictional payrolls.
- Minimum 2+ years experience with ADP Workforce Now or comparable ADP platform is required.
- Advanced ADP reporting writing capabilities using ADP Custom Reports
- Intermediate Excel skills (PIVOT tables and VLOOKUPs)
- Strategic thinker with the ability to take direction and execute tasks independently, efficiently and with limited oversight.
- Must be process driven and detail oriented with strong interpersonal skills.
- Collaborator with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and utilize resources appropriately.
- Ability to work under pressure showing high commitment to Payroll and financial reporting deadlines.
- Strong focus on providing high quality service to internal and external customers.
- Respect for confidentiality
- Up to 10% travel is required based upon business needs.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation and active membership with payroll certification organizations (e.g., American Payroll Association (APA) or local APA chapter)
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or a related field
Accountability for Results - Stay focused on key strategic objectives, be accountable for high standards of performance, and take an active role in leading change.
Strategic Thinking & Problem Solving - Make decisions considering the long-term impact to customers, patients, employees, and the business.
Patient & Customer Centricity - Maintain an ongoing focus on the needs of our customers and/or key stakeholders.
Impactful Communication - Communicate with logic, clarity, and respect. Influence at all levels to achieve the best results for Otsuka.
Respectful Collaboration - Seek and value others’ perspectives and strive for diverse partnerships to enhance work toward common goals.
Empowered Development - Play an active role in professional development as a business imperative.
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, national origin, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka’s call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.