Medical Science Liaison- Digital Therapeutics- Chicago
Medical Scientific Liaison – Digital Therapeutics
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL)-Digital Therapeutics will serve as the primary field based scientific expert responsible for providing clinical, scientific and health economic information exchange related to disease states and the appropriate utilization of FDA cleared and pipeline Otsuka therapeutics. This field-based position will engage with Key Influencers (KIs), Local Practice Leaders (LPLs), healthcare providers, and other decision makers within their territory, to further patient outcomes aligned with the overarching objectives of Otsuka. MSLs are responsible for the medical and educational needs of their customers. MSLs also engage in broad clinical and scientific discussions that impact patient care, resulting in rich customer insights shared within the matrix team.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Contributes a clinical and scientific perspective to the local execution plan that addresses customer challenges, issues, and opportunities, to bring about improved patient care and outcomes. This extends to include coordination around execution of field activities.
- Build, cultivate, and leverage external relationships with key scientific and medical customers and organizations within their territory to ensure strong understanding of evolving digital healthcare trends, disease state, Otsuka digital therapeutics, systems, and services across the territory landscape, including KIs, LPLs, Key Decision Makers (KDMs) and Patient Advocacy.
- To be a credible source of evidence-based information that demonstrates the value and appropriate, clinically indicated use of Otsuka digital therapeutics from the clinical, economic, and humanistic standpoint and works in partnership with providers, payers, health systems, and other key stakeholders to apply practical real-world solutions to improve patient outcomes.
- Support the organization through prelaunch and launch activities
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the territory to ensure alignment with Otsuka’s patient-centric strategy and priorities, including provision and delivery of optimal patient care.
- Build and cultivate important internal working relationships across the matrix team to ensure an enterprise approach when working with customers. Be accountable to national Field Medical Affairs leadership to shape and execute on local medical strategies within planned timelines.
- Actively contribute to planning, content development, and dissemination of disease state and healthcare landscape information to customers in the field on a regular basis using the remote customer engagement platform (i.e., PsychU).
- Responsible for delivering the training and evaluation of promotional and disease state speakers.
- Serve as part of Otsuka’s internal speaker bureau in support of product educational needs across the territory.
- Collect and submit medical insights that drive decision making and prioritization of evidence generation efforts and healthcare solutions, including sharing at the local territory level.
- Assist, as needed, with Otsuka’s clinical trials program, including registrational, post-marketing and Investigator-Sponsored Trials (ISTs), health economic outcomes research, other specific medical collaborations.
- Support other areas of the organization including Safety & Pharmacovigilance for investigation of safety-related issues, and the Field Medical Center of Excellence for mentoring and sharing of best practices.
- Doctoral degree in Psychology, Biological Sciences, Nursing, Medicine, or Pharmacy, (PsyD, PhD, DNP, MD or PharmD) is required.
- Preference given to those with experience in psychotherapy, psychiatry, neuroscience, or digital therapeutics. Other relevant backgrounds will be considered.
- Proficient with technology and mobile applications
- Understanding of the interconnectivity of health systems, overall delivery of patient care and experience working with healthcare professionals and other decision makers.
- Minimum of 3-5 years related work experience (clinical, health system or industry)
- Outstanding business acumen; knows the industry, Otsuka's business model and value proposition, key competitors, and other marketplace factors/dynamics. Able to identify solutions with the overall goal of improved patient outcomes.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills; exhibits professional maturity, confidence, and competence. Strong conflict resolution skills: proven ability to achieve conflict resolution effectively and quickly with affected parties and work in a cross-functional environment.
- Knows how to summarize and communicate complex information and business objectives in a concise and effective way during presentations and other interactions. Understanding of industry legal, regulatory, and compliance landscape
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment undergoing transformation.
- Demonstrates behaviors aligned with the Otsuka Corporate Brand including Perseverance, Unconventional Thinking, and Humility.
- Business travel, by air or car, up to 70% of time depending upon size of territory.
- Preferred living location is Chicago
Accountability for Results - Stay focused on key strategic objectives, be accountable for high standards of performance, and take an active role in leading change.
Strategic Thinking & Problem Solving - Make decisions considering the long-term impact to customers, patients, employees, and the business.
Patient & Customer Centricity - Maintain an ongoing focus on the needs of our customers and/or key stakeholders.
Impactful Communication - Communicate with logic, clarity, and respect. Influence at all levels to achieve the best results for Otsuka.
Respectful Collaboration - Seek and value others’ perspectives and strive for diverse partnerships to enhance work toward common goals.
Empowered Development - Play an active role in professional development as a business imperative.
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, national origin, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka’s call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.