VP of Clinical Operations, Oncology: Job ID - 1290
The VP of Clinical Operations, Oncology oversees three key functional areas (Clinical Operations, Data Management, and Clinical Trial Supply) to ensure efficient operation of clinical trials across Ascendis Pharma’s oncology pipeline. An ideal candidate has hands-on experience in executing global oncology trials from early to late phases. The candidate is expected to work cross-functionally to plan and execute global clinical trials, manage vendors, and ensure smooth collaboration across these three functional areas. Additional responsibilities will include supporting development or amendments of clinical protocols and various documents associated with clinical trials along with providing strategic input for long-range strategic plans for the Ascendis Pharma oncology pipeline.
The position is based in Palo Alto and reports directly to the EVP and Head of Clinical Development Oncology.
· Sets vision and direction through resource allocation decisions across 3 key functional areas of Clinical Operations, Data Management, and Clinical Trial Supply in Oncology. This position will be accountable and responsible for setting goals and expectations for deliverables across these functional areas to ensure achievement of objectives within Oncology while aligning with corporate strategy.
- Provides strategic and tactical insights on clinical operational aspects to the clinical development plans for Ascendis’ oncology programs
- Plans and leads end-to-end clinical operational activities to ensure efficient and high-quality clinical trial execution. Accountable for related corporate and departmental goals.
- Responsible for translating the company strategy to the functional Clinical Operations, CTS, and Data Management objectives to support corporate objectives.
· Accountable for long-term activities related to organization development and workforce planning for these functional areas.
· Interacts regularly with other executives and key internal & external stakeholders. These interactions frequently involve highly visible activities such as speaking to or negotiating with multiple vendors, influencing other executives and/or academics, interacting with and responding to global health authority requests on behalf of the company.