Associate Director, Scientific Materials and Professional Training
Are you passionate about learning and sharing that knowledge with colleagues? Do you have experience as a trainer and a Medical Affairs field team member?
If so, now is your chance to join Ascendis Pharma as our new Associate Director, Scientific Material and Professional Training.
Ascendis Pharma is a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company with locations in Denmark, Germany, and the United States.
We are applying our TransCon technology to build a leading, fully integrated biopharmaceutical company focused on making a meaningful difference in patients’ lives. Guided by our core values of patients, science, and passion, we use our TransCon® drug development platform to fulfill our mission of developing new and potentially best-in-class therapies to address unmet medical needs. Today, we have a growing pipeline of prodrug therapies in development, each designed to be a best-in-class therapy.
We are seeking a passionate Associate Director for our Endocrine Medical Affairs training team to support our growing team. As a key member of the Ascendis Pharma team, you will play a crucial role in developing, and delivering both disease and product knowledge/ skills to multiple medical affairs team members across Europe. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, collaborate with cross-functional, global teams working together to achieve extraordinary results.
You will be joining the Endocrine Medical Affairs Scientific and Professional Training team consisting of 4 colleagues, and reporting directly to Lisa Inge Stewart, Director, Scientific and Professional Training based in the United States, with a secondary reporting process to Anne Bro Bjørnelund, Head of Medical Affairs Europe and Japan, who is based in the Copenhagen. You will be based in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Development of the learning strategy for multiple disease states supported by the Medical Affairs and Clinical Development organization in conjunction with the Director, Scientific and Professional Engagement. The strategy should incorporate adult learning principles that build the knowledge and skills necessary to execute on field or internal role objectives for the full Endocrinology Rare Disease portfolio.
- Effectively prepare for instruction by conducting needs assessments, identifying targeted participant characteristics, and soliciting cross-functional feedback before finalizing design and strategy. Following up with the self-development of the training materials to meet the needs assessment.
- Contributes to establishing and maintaining a culture which promotes excitement for lifelong learning across the Medical Affairs (MA) community, starting with a virtual/live interactive onboarding program (inclusive of disease and product content/updates) to drive consistency in understanding of the Medical Affairs practices and training content.
- Lead interactive European training updates as needed, to keep our MA field, internal team members and other Ascendis stakeholders prepared for evolving business needs.
- Offer solutions for organizational training opportunities, with a focus on identifying new instructional design software or training technologies to enhance the learning outcomes and ultimately provide a best-in-class methodology to support the business training needs.
Qualifications and Skills:
You hold a relevant academic degree – preferably a doctorate degree in pharmacy or Scientific PhD – and have at least 8 years of experience within Training and Medical Affairs.
Furthermore, you have:
- Project management experience, including the end-to-end process of designing and developing training materials for a curriculum
- Ability to jungle multiple projects at one time to support competing business needs, while communicating updates to stakeholders
- Excellent presentation, writing and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and other training products including the use of a learning management system
- Strong collaboration skills are essential
You are a strong team player, analytical, and have a can-do attitude.
You possess an entrepreneurial mindset and can thrive in an informal, open environment where innovation and change are key.
To succeed in this role, we also expect you to demonstrate the ability to develop and deliver training materials, communicate complex concepts at different level to varying audiences, and strategically support multiple projects in collaboration with other team members at any one time.
Travel: Up to 25%, including occasional international
Office: Tuborg Boulevard 12, 2900 Hellerup, Denmark
Applications will be evaluated when received, so please apply as soon as possible.
All applications must be submitted in English and are treated confidentially.
For more details about the the company, please visit out website www.ascendispharma.com