Senior Medical Director, Clinical Development
Would you enjoy leading drug development for rare conditions? Are you a medic with experience designing clinical trials and interacting with regulatory authorities?
If so, now is your chance to join Ascendis Pharma as our new Senior Medical Director, Clinical Development, Endocrine & Rare Diseases
Ascendis Pharma is a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company with locations in Denmark, Germany, and the United States.
We are applying our TransCon technology to build a leading, fully integrated biopharmaceutical company focused on making a meaningful difference in patients’ lives. Guided by our core values of patients, science, and passion, we use our TransCon® drug development platform to fulfill our mission of developing new and potentially best-in-class therapies to address unmet medical needs.
We are seeking an energetic Senior Medical Director to join our growing team. As a key member of the Ascendis Pharma team, you will play a crucial role in driving the design, safety monitoring, and data analysis of the Company’s late-phase clinical trials studying TransCon C-type natriuretic peptide (CNP). This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, collaborate with cross-functional, global teams working together to achieve extraordinary results.
You will be an important leader within the clinical development team, and report directly to the Senior Vice President, Clinical Development & Biometrics, Endocrine Medical Sciences.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- As the clinical lead of a therapeutic area within the endocrinology and rare disease portfolio, responsible for the formulation and implementation of the TransCon CNP Clinical Development Plan
- Leverage medical expertise and hands-on clinical experience to promote relevance and rigor of the development program
- Provide leadership to teams of medical monitors: oversee all aspects of the clinical monitoring process in accordance with ICH GCPs and global SOPs to assess the safety and efficacy of investigational products
- Analyze, evaluate, interpret, and report clinical data
- Anticipate and solve complex drug development problems
- Contribute to regulatory strategy
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant science, medical information, good clinical practices, and regulatory guidance
- Collaborate with—and serve as a clinical research resource for—cross-functional colleagues (e.g., in clinical operations, statistics, regulatory affairs, medical affairs, health economics outcomes research, commercial, finance) to optimize product development
- Represent the clinical development department in corporate strategic and organizational initiatives
- Cultivate relationships with investigative sites, clinical consultants, and key opinion leaders to represent the interests of the company
- Adhere to rigorous ethical standards
Qualifications and Skills:
- M.D. degree
- Ph.D. degree (strongly preferred)
- Completion of an accredited residency and fellowship (strongly preferred)
- Physician licensure (strongly preferred)
- Board-certified (strongly preferred), with specialty in pediatrics, genetics, or endocrinology highly desired
- At least 10 years of industry experience (other relevant experience e.g., post-graduate experience in the clinical and/or academic realms may also be considered on a case-by-case basis). Those with less experience may be considered for a Medical Director position.
- Strong track record of scientific and clinical inquiry
- Possess excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Demonstrate sound judgement in terms of handling complex, confidential, and regulated information
You are a strong team player, analytical, and have a can-do attitude.
You possess an entrepreneurial mindset and can thrive in an informal, open environment where innovation and change are key.
To succeed in this role, we also expect you to be trustworthy, hard-working, and possess top-notch stakeholder management skills.
Travel: Up to 20%.
Office: Ascendis Pharma Headquarters, Tuborg Boulevard 12, 2900 Hellerup, Denmark
Applications will be evaluated when received, so please apply as soon as possible.
All applications must be submitted in English and are treated confidentially.
For more details about the position or the company, please contact Shawna Carpenter, Senior Administrative Coordinator, Clinical Development & Biometrics, Endocrine Medical Sciences at SHC@ascendispharma.comor visit out website www.ascendispharma.com.