Head of Market Access, Spain/Portugal
Are you passionate about changing the lives of people living with rare diseases? Do you have extensive experience within Market Access from the Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry in Spain & Portugal?
If so, now is your chance to join Ascendis Pharma as our new Head of Market Access, Spain & Portugal.
Ascendis Pharma is a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company with locations in Denmark, Germany, and the United States.
We are applying our TransCon technology to build a leading, fully integrated biopharmaceutical company focused on making a meaningful difference in patients’ lives. Guided by our core values of patients, science, and passion, we use our TransCon® drug development platform to fulfill our mission of developing new and potentially best-in-class therapies to address unmet medical needs.
Today we have successfully launched our first innovative product in the US and Germany, and are on the brink of further, rapid expansion in Europe. Within this role, you will have the opportunity to drive successful launches of our endocrinology pipeline and contribute significantly to our Commercial expansion.
We are seeking a passionate Head of Market Access, Spain & Portugal to join our rapidly expanding global commercial organization. As a key member of the Ascendis Pharma team, you will play a crucial role in influencing the direction of the company and help us launch new therapies with potential for best-in-class efficacy, safety, and/or convenience.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, collaborating with cross-functional, global teams working together to achieve extraordinary results.
You will be joining the commercial team, and report directly to General Manager for Spain & Portugal who will be based in Madrid, Spain. You will be connected to the Madrid office as well.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Leading as a hands-on driver of rigorous commercial and Market Access fundamentals, execution, and metrics, setting high performance standards and meeting or exceeding sales goals across the business.
- Spain & Portugal Country pricing and reimbursement mechanisms both nationally and regionally.
- Leading all stakeholder engagement related to ensuring reimbursed access for all appropriate patients in need of our best-in-class rare disease drugs.
- Leading and stimulating cross-functional peers in the country leadership team and colleagues in the field, adapting quickly to launch needs/adjustments and navigating a dynamic and evolving market.
- Owning the Spain & Portugal Market Access and Health Politics plan that aligns to organizational goals, leveraging analysis and interpretation of general economic, industry, marketing, and sales data.
- Working closely with the European and Global teams to help establish a best-in-class global commercial team to drive business fundamentals and launches.
- Establishing, safeguarding, and strengthening the reputation of Ascendis with KOLs, regulators, payers, patient organizations, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Identifying and managing the Regional Market Access hurdles through thorough analysis, out-of-the-box thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams including the field teams
Qualifications and Skills:
You hold a relevant academic degree – a scientific or commercial master’s degree, PhD or similar, preferably with Health Economics included – and minimum 8-10 years of experience from Market Access and Health Politics roles from a growth company environment.
Furthermore, you have:
- Solid experience leading dossier submission processes and pricing negotiations.
- Deep knowledge of the healthcare dynamics and a strong network among key payer stakeholders in Spain & Portugal.
- Experience in building and leading intercultural, cross-functional teams and building positive relationships between local, regional, and global organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to help people grow in a diverse and international environment.
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a green-field/start-up-biotech environment.
- Experience with the rare disease (endocrinology) market is an advantage.
You are a strong team player, goal-orientated, and have a can-do attitude.
You are an ambitious and holistic thinking leader who possesses an entrepreneurial mindset and can thrive in an informal, open environment where innovation and change are key.
To succeed in this role, we also expect you to possess great stakeholder management skills with a strong ability to build alliances at all organizational levels internally, and with external partners. You think on your feet and keep your composure when things move quickly.
Travel: extensively in order to deliver business objectives.
Place of work: Ascendis Pharma will be establishing an office in Madrid, Spain.
Applications will be evaluated when received, so please apply as soon as possible.
All applications must be submitted in English and are treated confidentially.
For more details about the position or the company, please contact Nyssa Liebermann Noyola, General Manager, Spain/Portugal, on email@example.com or Adam Levysohn on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit out website www.ascendispharma.com All applications must be submitted in English and are treated confidentially.