Associate Director, Foundational Technologies - Job ID: 1222
As Associate Director in Foundational Technologies at Ascendis Pharma, your role will be to ensure stable operations through vendors and work with our business and Global IT on continuous development of IT solutions. You will be located together with our commercial organization in Princeton and one of your key focus areas will be to enable the commercial organization in its journey.
In collaboration with the IT Business Partners and your European counterpart you will use your experience to create a fit for purpose Global IT Operations setup based on strong internal knowledge and the leveraging vendors.
You will join the Ascendis Pharma Global IT, Foundational Technology team, consisting of teams responsible for operations in Denmark, Germany and US. Ascendis is on a journey to a more agile based approach and by applying your knowledge, you will play a significant role in the transformation journey together with the rest of Global IT.
- Lead the US IT infrastructure and Operations team.
- Drive internal projects and activities.
- First line support consolidation
- Intune implementation
- Defender implementation
- Global operations partner
- Develop and manage business relationships with software partners, vendors, and service providers to ensure value realization on our investments.
- Provide priorities from stakeholders to the product team ensuring value is delivered throughout the entire lifecycle
- Manage US On-site IT support in collaboration with vendors.
- Coaching and development of IT operations team.
- Help mature the IT Operations on technical, people and process sides
- Coordinate with IT product teams to ensure project deliverables meeting business expectations and timelines.
- Work directly with customers on all levels when new requests are coming in or when larger issues are occurring in IT.
- Contribute to the support and maintenance of operational documentation including SOPs, work instructions, manuals, and training materials for end users and system administrators.
- Collaborate with IT support across all sites for continuous process improvement.
- Maintain IT documentation for infrastructure, desktop support, equipment/instruments, and lab operations.
- Work with the IT security team on remediate security vulnerabilities on time to mitigate any security risks associated with the system software or server infrastructure.
- Apply an agile mindset and behaviour to effectively collaborate with release team and stakeholder(s).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline with a minimum of seven (7) years of experience, OR a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline with a minimum of four (4) years of experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years leadership experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in IT technical positions (IT Support, Network administration, Server administration or other IT relevant positions).
- Structured, analytical and independent work approach.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, coordination, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Ability to adapt in an ever changing environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audience.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and technical skills.
- Detailed oriented, systematic and rapid learner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel 20-30 days per year domestically and internationally.
- Estimated compensation depending on experience: 185-200K/year
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Commuter benefits
- Disability insurance