Global Product Director of Marketing
Are you passionate about bringing new pharmaceutical products to market? Do you have experience within leading the strategic planning and execution of marketing initiatives at a global scale?
If so, now is your chance to join Ascendis Pharma as our new Global Product Director of Marketing.
Ascendis Pharma is a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company with locations in Denmark, Germany, and the United States.
We are applying our TransCon technology to build a leading, fully integrated biopharmaceutical company focused on making a meaningful difference in patients’ lives. Guided by our core values of patients, science, and passion, we use our TransCon® drug development platform to fulfill our mission of developing new and potentially best-in-class therapies to address unmet medical needs. Today, we have a growing pipeline of prodrug therapies in development, each designed to be a best-in-class therapy.
We are seeking a passionate Global Product Director of Marketing to join our growing team. As a key member of the Ascendis Pharma team, you will play a crucial role leading the strategic planning and execution of marketing initiatives for our portfolio of products on a global scale. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, collaborate with cross-functional, global teams working together to achieve extraordinary results.
You will be joining the new established Global Marketing team and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Medical Affairs, Market Access, Commercial Analytics & Insights, and Regional Marketing to drive the successful commercialization of our products and achieve business objectives.
You will report directly to Kate Reedy, Vice President, Global Head of Marketing, who is based in Princeton, U.S. You will be based in Hellerup, Denmark.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Leading the development and implementation of comprehensive marketing strategies and global tactics, ensuring alignment with corporate objectives and market dynamics. Drive global brand positioning and messaging into key global tactical solutions to maximize product value and market penetration.
- Distillation of large discriminate data sets into actionable and measurable insights. Through close partnership with our market research, insights, forecasting and competitive intelligence teams, identify and prioritize market trends, competitive landscape, patient needs and unmet medical needs. Utilize these prioritized insights to inform strategic decision-making and drive innovative marketing decisions.
- In partnership with global medical and global market access, lead a cross-functional customer-facing team to guide near-term and long-term brand strategy and evolution ensuring a unified global voice of the brand.
- Lead the development and execution of global product launch Brand plans, including pre-launch activities in designated markets, market preparation, and post-launch monitoring. Identify life cycle management strategies and work collaboratively to maximize brand evolution in the dynamic market.
- Identify key Global KOLs, Advocacy Organizations and other influencers to build strong Ascendis relationships and drive advocacy for Ascendis Pharma products.
- Develop and manage the product’s global marketing budget effectively, ensuring optimal allocation of resources to drive maximum return on investment. Monitor and report on marketing performance metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
Qualifications and Skills:
You hold a relevant academic degree – preferably a Master’s degree of Life Science or Business – and possess 10 - 15 years of experience within Marketing from Biotech or the Pharmaceutical industry.
An MBA degree and experience from the rare diseases area is an advantage.
Furthermore, you have:
- Proven track record of leading successful global product launches.
- Experience and strong knowledge of how biopharma marketing differs between the US and European markets.
- The ability to inspire and build companionship in the organization.
You are a strong team player, analytical, and have a can-do attitude.
You possess an entrepreneurial mindset and can thrive in an informal, open environment where innovation and change are key.
To succeed in this role, we also expect you to possess excellent collaboration skills, cross-functional leadership skills and stakeholder management skills.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 35% of the time.
Office: Hellerup, Denmark.
Applications will be evaluated when received, so please apply as soon as possible.
All applications must be submitted in English and are treated confidentially.
For more details about the position or the company, please contact Kate Reedy, VP of Global Marketing via email@example.com or visit out website www.ascendispharma.com
- You can expect an attractive remuneration package, short- and long-term incentives, pension scheme and health insurance.
- Laptop, iPhone, paid internet, and home office equipment
- A thorough and structured onboarding program
- To succeed in your job and expand in your role, you and your manager will continuously have Impact conversations about how to propel your development. If a need is identified, we find a way to help you grow.
- Soft drinks, fresh fruit, and lunch every day in our canteen.
- Ascendis Pharma headquarters resides in a modern and bright office facility in Tuborg Havn in Hellerup with a view of the harbor, the canals, and the sea.
- To ensure a balanced approach to the office, all employees have the opportunity to work from home up to two days per week.