IT System Manager for Commercial Operations in Europe
Are you passionate about translating business needs into value-adding and functional applications? Do you have experience within application configuration and business processes?
If so, now is your chance to join Ascendis Pharma as our new IT System Manager for Commercial Operations in Europe.
Ascendis Pharma is a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company with locations in Denmark, Germany, and the United States.
We are applying our TransCon technology to build a leading, fully integrated biopharmaceutical company focused on making a meaningful difference in patients’ lives. Guided by our core values of patients, science, and passion, we use our TransCon® drug development platform to fulfill our mission of developing new and potentially best-in-class therapies to address unmet medical needs. Today, we have a growing pipeline of prodrug therapies in development, each designed to be a best-in-class therapy.
We are seeking a passionate IT System Manager to join our growing team. As a key member of the Ascendis Pharma team, you will play a crucial role in creating bridge between IT and Commercial.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, collaborate with cross-functional, global teams working together to achieve extraordinary results.
You will be joining our Commercial Product team in Global IT who supports our Global Commercial business unit. In this role you will be focused on supporting our European setup, which we are currently defining and expanding.
Global IT is on a journey to implement agile methodology and a product-mindset in the ways we work, and we need you and the rest of Global IT to help us find our way moving forward. Further, we are a cloud-first, zero legacy system environment.
You will report directly to Lene Larsen, People Leader in Global IT and a functional reference to Sune Mejlvang, Business Partner in Global IT. Lene and Sune are both based in Hellerup, Denmark. You will be based Hellerup as well.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for maintaining and improving our applications, including regulatory compliance (GDPR, GxP, SoX and other local regulatory requirements).
- Ensure understanding of business processes and requirements and translating these to technical features and functionality in collaboration with our implementation partners.
- Work with team members to develop application roadmaps aligned with business and IT goals.
- Coordinate with cross-functional stakeholders such as IT infrastructure, QA IT, Software vendors, support partners to ensure efficient delivery of applications changes.
- Responsible for system administration and technical support, for instance ensure user administration and incidents are managed efficiently.
- Ensure that the end-users get the training and support they need to get most out of the applications.
Qualifications and Skills:
You hold a relevant academic degree – preferably a Master’s degree, but not necessarily – and 3+ years of experience as a system manager, application management, business analyst, solution architect, validation manager or something similar from a biotech, pharmaceutical company or consultancy catering to the pharmaceutical industry.
Furthermore, you have:
- Certifications and/or experience in Veeva CRM, PromoMats, MedComs and Salesforce marketing cloud.
- Experience developing application documentation as per SDLC methodology and operational documentation such as SOPs, work instructions and user manuals.
- Experience defending application validation documentation in front of inspectors from Regulatory Authorities.
You are a strong team player, analytical, and have a can-do attitude.
You possess an agile and entrepreneurial mindset and can thrive in an informal, open environment where innovation, collaboration and change are key.
To succeed in this role, we expect you to have a strong focus on how to create value with the business to help patients. You think on your feet and keep your composure when things move quickly.
Travel: 20-30 days per year.
Office: Hellerup, Denmark.
Applications will be evaluated when received, so please apply as soon as possible.
All applications must be submitted in English and are treated confidentially.
For more details about the position or the company, please contact Sune Mejlvang on M +45 60628546/ email@example.com or Lene Larsen on M +45 22995471/ firstname.lastname@example.org or visit out website www.ascendispharma.com
- You can expect an attractive remuneration package, short- and long-term incentives, pension scheme and health insurance.
- Laptop, iPhone, paid internet, and home office equipment
- A thorough and structured onboarding program
- To succeed in your job and expand in your role, you and your manager will continuously have Impact conversations about how to propel your development. If a need is identified, we find a way to help you grow.
- Soft drinks, fresh fruit, and lunch every day in our canteen.
- Ascendis Pharma headquarters resides in a modern and bright office facility in Tuborg Havn in Hellerup with a view of the harbor, the canals, and the sea.
- To ensure a balanced approach to the office, all employees have the opportunity to work from home up to two days per week.