Technical Business Analyst - Medical IT - Job ID: 1214
Are you passionate about creating a bridge between IT, Medical and Commercial organizations?
Do you have experience within defining, designing, and implementing technical solutions in the medical space?
If so, now is your chance to join Ascendis Pharma as our new Technical Business Analyst.
Ascendis Pharma is a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company with locations in Denmark, Germany, and the United States.
We are applying our TransCon technology to build a leading, fully integrated biopharmaceutical company focused on making a meaningful difference in patients’ lives. Guided by our core values of patients, science, and passion, we use our TransCon® drug development platform to fulfill our mission of developing new and potentially best-in-class therapies to address unmet medical needs. Today, we have a growing pipeline of prodrug therapies in development, each designed to be a best-in-class therapy.
We are seeking a passionate Technical Business Analyst to join our growing team. As a key member of the Ascendis Pharma team, you will play a crucial role in enable our global Medical organization with technology. The Medical organization is currently embarking on several digitization initiatives spanning from supporting field-based medical teams to building out internal Real World Evidence capabilities to support the rapid commercial expansion of Ascendis Pharma.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, collaborate with cross-functional, global teams working together to achieve extraordinary results.
You will join the Ascendis Pharma Global IT, Continuous Delivery organization, consisting of product teams delivering to business value streams. You will join the Medical IT product team, where you will work closely together with the Product Owner, Scrum Master and other team members. Our product teams are self-managing and follow an agile delivery model.
You will report directly to Satish Kukkapalli, People Leader, who is based in Palo Alto, California. You will be based in Princeton, New Jersey.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Serve as the Technical Business Analyst for new solutions being defined and implemented in the Medical space, such as Medical Information, Publications, RWE environment, Websites, Expanded Access Portal, MedComms, CRM.
- For these solutions, map the business process to ensure technology fit, collect user stories, understand the data structure and data flows, ensure configuration of solutions fits with the business needs, document solution design and ensure it is tested.
- Work with our business stakeholders in both US and Europe.
- Lead data migration efforts when switching vendors.
- Lead discovery and decision-making meetings and workshops to arrive at the best possible. technical solution with business stakeholders.
- Work effectively with software partners, vendors, and service providers to ensure we deliver value to our business users.
- Work with QA, data privacy and compliance teams to ensure systems are compliant and secure, adhering to processes/procedures in place.
Qualifications and Skills:
You hold a relevant academic degree – probably a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline – and a minimum of 5 years of experience in related roles within a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or similar environment.
Furthermore, you have:
- Minimum 1 year of demonstrated technical business analysis skills.
- Understanding of medical IT space in life sciences – ideally both from US and Europe.
- Experience with business process mapping, data migration and system configuration.
- Great presentation skills and experience with workshop facilitation is an advantage.
You are a strong team player, analytical, and have a can-do attitude.
You possess an agile and entrepreneurial mindset and can thrive in matrixed team structure, open and informal environment where innovation and change are key.
To succeed in this role, we also expect you to be agile, hungry for new learning opportunities and able to
Travel: 20-30 days per year.
Office: Princeton, New Jersey, US.
Applications will be evaluated when received, so please apply as soon as possible.
All applications must be submitted in English and are treated confidentially.
For more details about the position or the company, please contact Ivanna Rosendal, IT Business Partner, on M +45 51 66 66 12/ email@example.com or Satish Kukkapalli, People Leader, on M +1 (650) 5129166/ firstname.lastname@example.org or visit out website www.ascendispharma.com
New hires based in the US will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption or accommodation to this vaccination requirement, subject to applicable law.