General Manager, Italy & Greece
Are you passionate about bringing new pharmaceutical products to market? Do you have extensive experience within establishing, growing and managing affiliates, and are you driven to bring products to patients?
If so, now is your chance to join Ascendis Pharma as our new General Manager, Italy & Greece.
Ascendis Pharma is a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company with locations in Denmark, Germany, and the United States. We are applying our TransCon technology to build a leading, fully integrated biopharmaceutical company with an independent pipeline of long-acting prodrug therapies that address unmet patient needs.
We have successfully launched our first innovative product in the US and are on the brink of expansion into Europe. You have the opportunity to establish and build our Ascendis Pharma affiliate within Italy & Greece, drive successful launches of our endocrinology pipeline and contribute significantly to our Commercial expansion.
As our new General Manager, Italy & Greece, you will join a rapidly expanding global commercial organization responsible for driving success in the rare disease endocrinology field. The global commercial team is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, with commercial offices currently in the US and Germany. We are in process of expanding throughout Europe.
You will report directly to, VP, Head of Europe 2.
You will be responsible for:
- Leadership and P&L accountability for building an organization from scratch, leading our Ascendis Pharma affiliate, and delivering the financial results.
- Develop a comprehensive business case (order of launch, manpower and budget requirements etc) of our products within Italy & Greece.
- Develop the launch plan with European Senior Launch Director, drive and ensure market access, drive customer engagement, build external awareness and advocacy, and execute the launch of our endocrinology products.
- Engage with external stakeholders and media to launch both Ascendis as an emerging leader in Endocrinology Rare Diseases and our products as a best-in-class treatment across Italy & Greece.
- Identify and recruit an experienced, hands-on, high‐quality team for key positions in accordance with the agreed launch plan.
- Develop and execute a pre‐launch awareness strategy and deliver a commercially savvy Italy & Greece launch plan engaging relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with the European and Global resources to integrate the Italy & Greece commercial organization with the Ascendis global commercial organization.
- Establish and strengthen the reputation of Ascendis and our technology platform with KOLs, regulators, payors, patient organizations and other relevant stakeholders.
Your key internal stakeholders will be:
- Executive Management
- Global Commercial Management
- Strategic Support Functions
You hold a relevant academic degree – preferably a master’s degree in Business Administration, Health Policy, or Health Economics – and possess 10-15 years of experience within Market Access, Pricing/reimbursement, Marketing, or Sales.
Furthermore, you bring:
- Deep understanding of what it takes to be successful in rare disease within Italy & Greece.
- Experience working across multiple geographies and market access environments.
- Solid track record of working with customers, patient organizations and stakeholders at all levels internally and externally, to influence, define and implement market access strategies and plans.
- Demonstrated ability to distill down and synthesize complex information from various resources into insights and actions.
- Experience successfully leading cross functional matrix teams and working with country teams.
- Solid track record of prior country management and P&L responsibility.
Also, you are proficient in English at a professional level, both written and spoken. Language skills supporting other countries within Europe is a plus.
As a person, you are a strong team player, proactive in nature and have a can-do, self-starter attitude.
As we are taking new steps towards developing best-in-class therapeutics for patients with rare diseases we are looking for people who possess an entrepreneurial mindset who can handle ambiguity, create clarity and desires to be part of an organization where everything isn’t set in stone. We rely on you to help us shape the cement.
The person we are looking for thrives in a dynamic environment, short lines of communication and an open and informal working atmosphere.
Travel: as required
Place of work: Ascendis Pharma will be establishing an office in Italy.
For more details about the position or the company, please contact Camilla Harder Hartvig, EVP, Global Chief Commercial Officer on M +45 69212129 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit out website www.ascendispharma.com
All applications must be submitted in English and are treated confidentially.
Applications will be evaluated when received, so please apply as soon as possible.