Senior Director, Marketing - Job ID: 1186
Ascendis Pharma is a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company with locations in the United States, Denmark, and Germany. We are applying our TransCon technology to build a leading, fully integrated biopharmaceutical company with an independent pipeline of long-acting prodrug therapies that address unmet patient needs. We have successfully launched our first innovative product in the US, and on the brink of expansion into new disease categories.
At Ascendis, we strive to make meaningful improvements in patients’ lives. We make business decisions on patient’s needs and we do our best every day to realize our products’ benefits for our patients. We are passionate about realizing our shared vision and goals. We trust each other’s strengths, and when we face challenges, we remain optimistic and committed to working together as one team to achieve extraordinary results.
The Senior Director, Marketing is responsible for leading the development of strategic and tactical marketing plans for Skytrofa across multiple indications to achieve brand and organizational objectives. The Senior Director is a member of the Marketing leadership team and plays a key leadership role in the endocrinology business.
The Senior Director demonstrates marketing excellence in brand strategy, understanding of the marketplace and competitive environment, and ability to integrate customer insights into impactful commercial strategies. This role will lead a small person team; leading, inspiring, developing and driving accountability to achieve brand objectives. S/he is the primary point of contact with all key internal and external stakeholders in developing and driving the brand strategy for Skytrofa including the preparation for an indication launch.
The Senior Director is responsible for ensuring the successful performance for Skytrofa in the US market and aligns brand positioning, messaging and key strategies working closely with the cross-functional partners. S/he will also need to demonstrate strong leadership, collaboration and the ability to set a vision and lead through change. The Senior Director frequently presents to executive leadership.
The Senior Director reports to the US Head of Marketing. This is a hybrid position working three days a week in Ascendis’s Princeton, NJ office.
- Implement initiatives that maintain a detailed understanding of key stakeholder needs with a long-range approach to brand planning
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure that market insights are aligned with strategy
- Cultivate and appropriately leverage strong external relationships such as thought leaders, key customers, and professional organizations
- Closely monitor competitive activities and develop and implement strategies to proactively overcome competitive threats
- Establish key commercial objectives and utilizes KPIs to drive decision-making and measure success of marketing initiatives
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Medical, Regulatory, Legal and Clinical to coordinate commercial strategy
- Effectively partner with all key stakeholders such as Sales, Market Access and Commercial Operations to ensure successful design and execution of brand plans
- Manage P&L and work closely with Finance to ensure alignment around business-planning processes and timelines
- Effectively lead in an environment of strict compliance to all appropriate company and regulatory guidelines to successfully design and execute tactics, programs and tools that achieve business objectives
- Successful people management experience leading teams
- Set a positive example for others including demonstrating the Ascendis Pharma values
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 15+ years pharmaceutical and/or bio-technology industry commercial experience
- Small company/biotech experience highly desirable
- Proven experience in a Marketing Leadership role, with a track record of driving financial results in highly competitive markets
- Strong strategic planning experience which includes evaluation and sizing markets, segmentation of markets and customers, development of clinical and economic value propositions and designing impactful customer model to achieve commercial objectives
- Experience in project, agency, budget management and managing multiple priorities
- Product launch experience required, with ability to operate in a nimble entrepreneurial environment preferred
- Rare disease Marketing experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to strategically create and implement a multidimensional brand plan including branded and unbranded tools
- Ability to influence and negotiate with key internal stakeholders and various cross functional partners across the organization
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with high levels of ambiguity
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience presenting to Executive Leadership, KOLs and field-based teams
- Professionalism and high integrity, with the ability to lead by example
- Knowledge of current legal, regulatory and compliance climate
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills along with the ability to influence others
- Ability to travel up to 25% both domestically and internationally
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Commuter benefits
- Disability insurance