Are you passionate about Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) work? Do you have experience and expertise driving the ESG agenda in an international company?
If so, now is your chance to join Ascendis Pharma as our new P|ESG Lead.
Ascendis Pharma is a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company with locations in Denmark, Germany, and the United States. We are applying our TransCon technology to build a leading, fully integrated biopharmaceutical company focused on making a meaningful difference in patients’ lives.
We are seeking a passionate P|ESG Lead to join our growing team. In this role you get a unique opportunity to put your fingerprint on our P|ESG strategy and support sustainable business development in an ambitious and growing organization. You will get the chance to take the lead on the critical agenda and to develop your stakeholder management skills to support our organization in working towards the goals and parameters set.
As a key member of the Ascendis Pharma team, you will play a crucial role in building and maintaining our P|ESG agenda and roadmap. The P in our P|ESG work stands for patients, as we set the patients in the center of everything we do. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, collaborate with cross-functional, global teams working together to achieve extraordinary results.
You will be joining the Compliance Team team, which consists of two dedicated colleagues, who is working with the Ascendis Pharma Enterprise Risk Management, Data Privacy, Trademarks and P|ESG. You will also be working close with the Supply Chain P|ESG responsible and appointed P|ESG ambassadors throughout the organization in both Denmark, Germany, and the United States.
As we are a small team, it is important that you thrive in a role where no tasks are too small or too big to handle.
You will report directly to Isabell Jensen, VP, Compliance, Risk & Corporate Responsibility, who is based in Hellerup, Denmark. You will be located in Hellerup office as well.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Refine and build our P|ESG agenda in close collaboration with the organization
- Manage stakeholder engagements both external and internal
- Keep informed of new regulations and expectations and ensure timely responses
- Conduct due diligence and risk assessments
- Develop policies and procedures
- Support and educate the organization
- Develop our sustainability reports
Qualifications and Skills:
You hold a relevant academic degree – preferably a master’s degree - and have substantial ESG experience from an international, multi-cultural environment. Expertise from the pharmaceutical sector is an advantage, but not a requirement.
Furthermore, we expect you:
- Are a subject matter expert in ESG and corporate sustainability performance,
- Bring an understanding of the importance of driving impact, including setting KPIs and tracking performance of sustainability initiatives focused on responsible business practices,
- Have a good eye for identifying emerging sustainability themes and for positioning the organization accordingly and you know how to identify and execute actions to address themes.
Key personal competencies:
You are a strong team player, analytical, and have a can-do attitude.
To succeed in the role we expect you are excellent at creating structure, works systematically, and have a high quality-oriented mindset with the right level of details, still keeping the overall picture in mind.
Curiosity and strong interpersonal skills are also necessary as you will be a major contributor and trusted member of the department.
Furthermore, to succeed at Ascendis Pharma culture you need to be result-oriented, flexible, adaptable and possess an entrepreneurial mindset and can thrive in an informal, open environment where innovation and change are key.
Travelling: 5-10 days per year.
Place of work: Ascendis Pharma headquarters is in a modern and bright office facility in Tuborg Havn in Hellerup with a view of the harbor, the canals, and the sea.
If you are excited about the role and passionate about joining a dynamic company dedicated to bringing new therapies to improve patients’ lives, we encourage you to apply.
Applications will be evaluated when received, so please apply as soon as possible.
All applications must be submitted in English and are treated confidentially.
For more details about the job or the company, please contact Isabell Jensen, VP, Compliance, Risk & Corporate Responsibility at M: +45 2291 5030 or E: email@example.com.
- You can expect an attractive remuneration package, short- and long-term incentives, pension scheme and health insurance.
- Laptop, iPhone, paid internet, and home office equipment
- A thorough and structured onboarding program
- To succeed in your job and expand in your role, you and your manager will continuously have Impact conversations about how to propel your development. If a need is identified, we find a way to help you grow.
- Soft drinks, fresh fruit and a wide variety of snacks every day, no strings attached.
- To ensure a balanced approach to the office, all employees have the opportunity to work from home up to two days per week.