Director, Market Development: Job ID - 1184
Ascendis Pharma is a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company with locations in the United States, Denmark, and Germany. We are applying our TransCon technology to build a leading, fully integrated biopharmaceutical company with an independent pipeline of long-acting prodrug therapies that address unmet patient needs. We have successfully launched our first innovative product in the US, and on the brink of expansion into new disease categories.
At Ascendis, we strive to make meaningful improvements in patients’ lives. We make business decisions on patient’s needs and we do our best every day to realize our products’ benefits for our patients. We are passionate about realizing our shared vision and goals. We trust each other’s strengths, and when we face challenges, we remain optimistic and committed to working together as one team to achieve extraordinary results.
The Director, Market Development is responsible for the market development strategies and tactics for two disease categories: Hypoparathyroidism and Achondroplasia. This role requires marketing competency and the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and growing organization. A willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and collaborate with matrixed teams is critically important for the successful delivery of brand objectives.
Compliant coordination with Market Research, Medical Affairs, Sales, Brand Leaders, Corporate Communications, Legal, Regulatory and Clinical to strategically develop relevant advisory insights and to pull through branded and unbranded initiatives for these two rare-disease treatments. This role requires significant and extensive cross-functional leadership experience. Additionally, the Thought Leader Liaison field team will report directly to this role.
The Director will establish appropriate procedures, systems, metrics, and infrastructures to support market development initiatives. She/he will possess strong leadership skills, an ability to set a vision, to lead change and collaborate across functional lines. She/he should also be adept at interacting with senior executives. The Director reports directly to the US Head of Marketing. Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
Strategic Management of Advisory Programs
Key Opinion Leader Engagement & Development
Professional Speaker Program Development
Promotional & Educational Content Creation
Administration & Leadership
- 10 years commercial experience, ideally marketing, sales and/or market access experience within the US pharmaceutical industry
- Healthcare marketing experience including expertise creating Market Development, KOL engagement plans, brand strategy, market research and promotional/educational tactics
- BA/BS degree required; advanced scientific degree (MS, RPh, PhD) or MBA preferred
- Proven track record of creating successful KOL, speaker and advisor plans required
- People leader experience preferred
- Experience with FDA regulatory agencies (OPDP, CDRH) and policies and their impact on development of compliant promotional materials
- Experience managing multiple agencies, developing, and implementing product tactics
- Well-developed cross-functional influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, focus-teams, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines
- Strategic capabilities with ability to develop and branded and unbranded promotional content
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and managing multiple projects/priorities
- Strong communication skills with experience presenting before executive staff
- Track record of successful budget creating and management with an understanding of revenue forecasting, resource planning
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time, both domestic and (infrequently) international travel
- Hybrid work schedule (3 office days/week)
- New hires based in the US will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption or accommodation to this vaccination requirement, subject to applicable law.
- Estimated Salary Range: $225-240,000/year
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Commuter benefits
- Disability insurance