IT Product Owner for Commercial: Job ID - 1145
Are you passionate about creating a bridge between Commercial and IT? Can you enable our global go-to-market strategy with technology? Do you have experience within leading product discovery efforts?
If so, now is your chance to join Ascendis Pharma as our new IT Product Owner.
Ascendis Pharma is a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company with locations in Denmark, Germany, and the United States. We are applying our TransCon technology to build a leading, fully integrated biopharmaceutical company with an independent pipeline of long-acting prodrug therapies that address unmet patient needs.
You will join the Ascendis Pharma Global IT, Application Delivery organization, consisting of product teams delivering to business value streams. You will be part of the Global Commercial IT Product Team which consist 7 people based in Copenhagen, Denmark and is currently expanding the local presence in Princeton.
The team is known for relentlessly delivering to our commercial internal customers and utilizing the latest trends in technology to enable business strategy. The team is fast paced and collaborative.
The US commercial organization, which you will be supporting as your primary customers, is based in Princeton, US. The EU commercial organization in based out of Copenhagen and the German commercial affiliate is based in Munich. In the US there are other IT colleagues to work with and business stakeholders. On a daily basis you be in contact with the Commercial IT team in Copenhagen and Palo Alto, and the commercial data team based in Princeton and Copenhagen.
In the interim you will be reporting to Commercial and Medical Business Partner Ivanna Rosendal. Over time you will report directly to Satish Kukkapalli, People Leader of Global IT who is based in Palo Alto, California. Satish is a leader who thinks and acts holistically, is ambitious and will help you grow and support your development.
- Serve as the product owner for digital solutions, platforms, and IT applications enabling commercial business processes with technology platforms such as Veeva CRM, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Content Management Systems etc.
- Facilitate the discovery of internal customer needs and translate them to backlog items.
- Define product roadmap, backlog and systems strategy working with IT, business leadership and stakeholders for the product team.
- Apply an agile mindset and behavior to effectively collaborate with release team and stakeholder(s).
- Effectively interfaces and communicate with senior management and all key stakeholders to prioritize work to maximize business value creation.
- Develop and manage business relationships with software partners, vendors, and service providers to ensure value realization on our investments.
- Keep yourself up to date with the latest go-to-market strategies in life sciences as well as latest technologies in this space.
Your key stakeholders will be:
- US and EU Sales, Marketing and Market Access organizations.
- Commercial Data team.
- IT Platform teams.
You hold a relevant academic degree – minimum a bachelor’s degree from IT, Digital, Marketing or something completely different.
Also, we expect you to have 5+ years of experience from at related role in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related environment.
Furthermore, you have:
- Extensive understanding of sales and marketing strategies in life sciences.
- Hands-on knowledge of translating strategy to digital and IT in life sciences – ideally both from US and Europe.
- Experience in driving the successful delivery of digital products and platforms, including web and mobile applications.
- You have been working in an agile team, relentlessly improving your working practices.
- Also, you are proficient in English at a professional level, both written and spoken.
As a person, you are a strong team player, proactive in nature and have a can-do attitude.
As we are taking new steps towards developing best-in-class therapeutics for patients with rare diseases we are looking for people who possess an entrepreneurial mindset who can handle ambiguity, analyze, and create clarity and desires to be part of an organization where everything isn’t set in stone. We rely on you to help us shape the cement.
The person we are looking for thrives in a dynamic environment, short lines of communication and an open and informal working atmosphere.
Travel: 25 – 35 days per year.
Place of work: Princeton, New Jersey.
For more details about the position or the company, please contact Ivanna Rosendal, IT Business Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit out website www.ascendispharma.us.
Applications will be evaluated when received, so please apply as soon as possible.
New hires based in the US will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption or accommodation to this vaccination requirement, subject to applicable law.